The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RW 1 (Russell Wilson) GDG

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Correction, the Packers want very much to play Seattle at Green Bay.....again.

Check out recent play off results when the 2 meet.
    I was at the "Snow Bowl."
    The redhead was there as well.
    Her first visit to the hallowed grounds of Lambeau Field.
    She asked after the game, "is it like this for every game?"

Packers won big in a blizzard!!!!
    you supplyin' the beer & brats?
    Bill Davis

Let's not forget as is with ALL Rookies(& Freshman) the Test has yet to be passed.

Just like Heisman Winner Cam Newton we could name dozens of other Rookies(Freshman) who were hot as a fire cracker their first year and then...not so much thereafter.

You give teams a year’s worth of tape to look at and they figure you out.

So while the Seahawks is my 2nd most favorite team in the NFL and RW has indeed had a fabulous year, just like Johnny Football, let's see what happens next year and thereafter, at least that's what I'll do before I start comparing them to the ELITE/Hall of Famers etc.

It has yet to be seen whether these guys are 'Flash in the pans' are real game changers. Takes more than one year(The First Year) to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff evans View Post
    And Marvin with all due respect David Graig shouldn't me mentioned in the same sentence as RW. Seattle has had loosers in the QB position since Zorn, yes hassleback was a looser, so it's nice to see Seattle finally get it together. *And I stand my HOF remark, look back I said if he stays healthy......
    Krieg came as an undrafted rookie from Milton College (deceased) in WI. Mudbone was a class act. The only criticism of him was he had small hands. Speaking of hands, Lynch's pickup of RW's fumble & the resultant gain has to rate as a game changing event, I could watch that particular segment of a highlight reel numerous times.

As for Hasselhoff, he was Holmgren's boy, we see their success since they have left the cozy confines of the Emerald city. Holmgren was an easy guy to dislike, but if he could have coached to his perceived level of his ability, he would have been good. Unfortunately for Seattle, he was just another recycled hack of a coach, overpaid & underwhelming in his ability.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Krieg came as an undrafted rookie from Milton College (deceased) in WI. Mudbone was a class act. The only criticism of him was he had small hands. Speaking of hands, Lynch's pickup of RW's fumble & the resultant gain has to rate as a game changing event, I could watch that particular segment of a highlight reel numerous times.

As for Hasselhoff, he was Holmgren's boy, we see their success since they have left the cozy confines of the Emerald city. Holmgren was an easy guy to dislike, but if he could have coached to his perceived level of his ability, he would have been good. Unfortunately for Seattle, he was just another recycled hack of a coach, overpaid & underwhelming in his ability.
    Yup, Davie Kreig was famous for the backwards pass, guess we blamed that on his small hands Then there's Ruben Rodriguez with a few negative yardage punts, not the days I want to remember

In my 12 year football career, which Included full ride offers from U Cal, and AZ state, unfortunately cut short due to knee and shoulder injuries you could see the guys that "had it" it wasn't just what they did on the field, it was their demeanor, it was the way they captivated the team, they way they carried themselves with reporters, their work ethic, their relationships with the coaches, etc. I believe RW has all that and more. I know all about career ending injuries and that's why I stated "if he can stay healthy." If he stays healthy I see no reason why he won't continue to shatter records on his way to being the best QB Seattle has ever had. Seattle is famous for being a "farm league" and trading our star payers to other teams, but with Pete at the helm I suspect we see this team mature into a west coast power house! Just my opinion and theres only one thing to do, just sit back and watch.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

Holmgren was an easy guy to dislike, but if he could have coached to his perceived level of his ability, he would have been good. Unfortunately for Seattle, he was just another recycled hack of a coach, overpaid & underwhelming in his ability.
    While I think RW is very good, I agree that we are premature enshrining him in the HOF. He will need to perform like he is now for many years before that occurrs.

I think the above quote about Holmgren is just about the wackiest thing I've read on this thread so far. He ONLY took two teams, neither of which had been in the Superbowl in years, to the big game.

Moon, he put on a Seattle uniform but, he was never a Seahawk. Hawks under Holmgren was exciting because the team was winning and went to the playoffs and the dance. Just as quickly, Holmgren allowed a team to fall apart right in front of his face. He was acting as the highest authority on the team making all the personnel decisions and contracts. Since he was the "controller", how can he be labeled a good coach/GM after allowing the team to go 4-6 years backwards due to his horrible drafts, contracts and trades? Holmgren may have taken the Hawks to the big one but, he thoroughly damaged the team at the same time.

And, Hasselback and our running back who makes me so sick I won't even mention his name were two of the most over-rated players every to dress in blue. Our offensive line and defense won us the Superbowl. Not the Candy-pants running back who would slide like a quarterback almost every play to avoid being hit.
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 01-07-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Moon, he put on a Seattle uniform but, he was never a Seahawk. Hawks under Holmgren was exciting because the team was winning and went to the playoffs and the dance. Just as quickly, Holmgren allowed a team to fall apart right in front of his face. He was acting as the highest authority on the team making all the personnel decisions and contracts. Since he was the "controller", how can he be labeled a good coach/GM after allowing the team to go 4-6 years backwards due to his horrible drafts, contracts and trades? Holmgren may have taken the Hawks to one big win but, he thoroughly damaged the team at the same time.

And, Hasselback and our running back who makes me so sick I won't even mention his name were two of the most over-rated players every to dress in blue. Our offensive line and defense won us the Superbowl. Not the Candy-pants running back who would slide like a quarterback almost every play to avoid being hit.
    umm...Seattle didn't WIN the Superbowl...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    umm...Seattle didn't WIN the Superbowl...
    supposed to be taken the hawks to the "big one"...not win...

Russel Wilson's Rookie year stats
    COMP ATT YDS TD INT ATT YDS TD
    2012 Season 252 393 3118 26 10 94 489 4

Dave Kriegs BEST career season
    Year TM G Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT Att Yards TD

1984 Sea 16 276 480 57.5 3671 7.6 32 24 46 186 3

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Moon, he put on a Seattle uniform but, he was never a Seahawk. Hawks under Holmgren was exciting because the team was winning and went to the playoffs and the dance. Just as quickly, Holmgren allowed a team to fall apart right in front of his face. He was acting as the highest authority on the team making all the personnel decisions and contracts. Since he was the "controller", how can he be labeled a good coach/GM after allowing the team to go 4-6 years backwards due to his horrible drafts, contracts and trades? Holmgren may have taken the Hawks to the big one but, he thoroughly damaged the team at the same time.
    I'm not here to be a Holmgren apologist. He wasn't the greatest coach of all time. But, to over look that he took two teams that had not been recently winning and take them to the Superbowl is silly.

As I recall, the Seahawks didnt take their step forward under him until after he had had the GM responsibilites removed.