The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: RW 1 (Russell Wilson) GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Nice Hit! and to think he was a Congressman too lol
    OMG, I never saw that! I always liked Steve Largent, that was awesome!

First rookie QB to go 7-1 at home
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Law View Post
    fixed the home record for ya! that debacle in week 3 is not a win...
    Nope, 8-0. There's a duboya in the column.

Simultaneous possession regards,

Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    What happened with RG III showed how quickly those lofty expectations can change. One knee injury and he was less than ordinary yesterday. Redskins brass is holding their breath. As as been said here before, the biggest problem with running QB's is just what happened to Griffin. A little soon to be talking HOF for any rookie.
    And not to forget RGIII concussion in October. Remember Falcon QB Chris Miller, had to retire due to repetitive concussions, as I recall he couldn't remember where he lived. These guys are so susceptible to career ending injury, the ones who survive (remember Randal Cunningham) learn to stay in the pocket more and run less, except of course for the great Fran Tarkenton who Bob Lilly and company probably chased for at least a mile over the course of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    And not to forget RGIII concussion in October. Remember Falcon QB Chris Miller, had to retire due to repetitive concussions, as I recall he couldn't remember where he lived. These guys are so susceptible to career ending injury, the ones who survive (remember Randal Cunningham) learn to stay in the pocket more and run less, except of course for the great Fran Tarkenton who Bob Lilly and company probably chased for at least a mile over the course of their careers.
    I think for a quarterbacks health, there are guys who are very good at scrambling and others just, run recklessly. Especially rookies. They "thought" they were fast in college althought now, they have defensive ends running them down on the outside corners. RGIII appears reckless from what little I've seen him play. Exciting but, reckless. Wilson, 50/50 on him. Sometimes he makes the big gains and takes a slide. Other times, he makes a big gain and takes a big hit for 3 extra un-needed yards.

The difference is who's healthy for the playoffs and quite possibly the long-run career.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I think for a quarterbacks health, there are guys who are very good at scrambling and others just, run recklessly. Especially rookies. They "thought" they were fast in college althought now, they have defensive ends running them down on the outside corners. RGIII appears reckless from what little I've seen him play. Exciting but, reckless. Wilson, 50/50 on him. Sometimes he makes the big gains and takes a slide. Other times, he makes a big gain and takes a big hit for 3 extra un-needed yards.

The difference is who's healthy for the playoffs and quite possibly the long-run career.
    The only criticism I had Of RW in the Wash game was that he held the ball too long a few times trying to scramble and took sacks and/or hits he didn't have to take. Like you said, he may think his speed is greater than it is at this level...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The only criticism I had Of RW in the Wash game was that he held the ball too long a few times trying to scramble and took sacks and/or hits he didn't have to take. Like you said, he may think his speed is greater than it is at this level...
    To his credit, the last two weeks he had more sacks than the prior entire season. I'm not sure if he had some injury that wasn't worth mentioning or the coaches were hounding him to stay in the pocket more often? The way PC's been coaching, I have a feeling they are trying to keep him inside more, give up a few more sacks. In turn, hopefully keeping him healthier and not having to show much of a new playbook going into the post season. I believe that is the only reason the last two games had lower scores and soo many sacks. Restrained Wilson and playbook = conservative game. I'd go almost so far to say that after watching the prior 4-5 games it was almost like watching Chuck Knox's playbook at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I'd go almost so far to say that after watching the prior 4-5 games it was almost like watching Chuck Knox's playbook at times.
    How many pages does it take to make it a "book"?

Ground Chuck regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Plesko View Post
    How many pages does it take to make it a "book"?

Ground Chuck regards.
    Lynch in the first half vs. Lynch in the second half yardage sort of tells some of that story in the last two games. Didn't see any end-arounds, reverses and pitch and passes..

Yeah, I remember Tark running around like crazy (and driving opposing defenses crazy) back in the Purple People Eaters days. And he showed QBs don't have to be 6 ft. 4 in. to be effective (like RW 1 has said recently).

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    Nope, 8-0. There's a duboya in the column.

Simultaneous possession regards,

Lol you're no better than the lying turds tate and carroll!