RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

RW 1 (Russell Wilson) GDG

11K views 74 replies 26 participants last post by  canuckkiller 
#1 ·
At 5' 9" the NC, Wisconsin QB is a role model for all dual threat QB's.

We remember Dee Dowis, AFA twenty years ago. RW 1 is a threat - passing,
running, 'blocking' ... and a cool, calm, mature leader ...

Bill Connor

#3 ·
The Seahawks IMO are the most talented team we've ever had, and RW is undoutably the best QB to ever take a snap in Seattle, moon, Zorn were good but RW is in a different league. Pete's a hell of a coach and knows talent when he sees it...RW and Lynch are going to make some good defenses look bad! Go Hawks!!!

#9 ·
The Seahawks IMO are the most talented team we've ever had, and RW is undoutably the best QB to ever take a snap in Seattle, moon, Zorn were good but RW is in a different league. Pete's a hell of a coach and knows talent when he sees it...RW and Lynch are going to make some good defenses look bad! Go Hawks!!!
Just ask USC how he screwed them and left.

#4 · (Edited)
Jeff,
I am a Russell Wilson fan, but all due respect. Warren Moon is a Hall of Famer.

#16 ·
I was going to say the same thing. I live in the Pac NW and am rooting for Seattle, love Pete Carrol and believe RW is something special, but lets wait a few years before we cast his bust in bronze. Warren Moon proved it over a long NFL career, RW has a long ways to go before we can even compare the two.

#7 · (Edited)
Really?
You got Wilson in the HoF already???
You gonna put his plaque between Starr, Favre and Rodgers??

WOW!!!

Am anxiously hoping for a visit by Seattle to Green Bay in 2 weeks!!!!!

#6 ·
What happened with RG III showed how quickly those lofty expectations can change. One knee injury and he was less than ordinary yesterday. Redskins brass is holding their breath. As as been said here before, the biggest problem with running QB's is just what happened to Griffin. A little soon to be talking HOF for any rookie.

#53 ·
What happened with RG III showed how quickly those lofty expectations can change. One knee injury and he was less than ordinary yesterday. Redskins brass is holding their breath. As as been said here before, the biggest problem with running QB's is just what happened to Griffin. A little soon to be talking HOF for any rookie.
And not to forget RGIII concussion in October. Remember Falcon QB Chris Miller, had to retire due to repetitive concussions, as I recall he couldn't remember where he lived. These guys are so susceptible to career ending injury, the ones who survive (remember Randal Cunningham) learn to stay in the pocket more and run less, except of course for the great Fran Tarkenton who Bob Lilly and company probably chased for at least a mile over the course of their careers.

#8 ·
Russell Wilson has had a phenominal rookie season, and IMHO he deserves to be ROY, but I don't think we can be saying already that he is the greatest QB of all time in Seattle. Time will tell. Russell Wilson has alot he has to do before we are talking HOF. Also IMO I think Marshawn Lynch aka "Beast Mode" is the best/toughest runner in the league, I love watching that guy. With all that said, LETS GO RAVENS!!!!

#11 ·
Dang Jeff, feel like you just fumbled and we're all piling on?? I'm still a Seahawks fan from my days out west and I'm pulling for them... As I did yesterday!
Other than their slime ball owner screwing the taxpayers (through the lack of elected negotiation talent) I'm happy for the local fans. Haven't seen this kind of enthusiasm for a sports franchise since the NBA Champ Sonics of the late 70's. The rookie QB doesn't hurt anything & we have GB's backup waiting in the wings, :p rk. What's impressive is the coaches seem to have the players buying into the system. & in case anyone remembers, we did have a guy named Krieg playing QB who took us to the playoffs under Chuck Knox who has a few stats at the same level of many of the HOFer's. Moon did not become a HOFer playing in Seatttle, if my recollection is correct, his record here was pedestrian.

#14 ·
First rookie QB to go 8-0 at home

Highest passer rating in Seahawks history (100.02)

Single season Seahwaks QB rushing record

Most consecutive completions for a rookie (16)

Tied rookie season TD pass record with Payton Manning (26) :)

Most game winning scores in the final 2min/overtime for a rookie

First QB to rush for 3 TD's and throw for 1, in a half

First rookie QB with back to back 50 pt games.

Did I miss any?:)

And Marvin with all due respect David Graig shouldn't me mentioned in the same sentence as RW. Seattle has had loosers in the QB position since Zorn, yes hassleback was a looser, so it's nice to see Seattle finally get it together. *And I stand my HOF remark, look back I said if he stays healthy......

#18 · (Edited)
First rookie QB to go 8-0 at home

Highest passer rating in Seahawks history (100.02)

Single season Seahwaks QB rushing record

Most consecutive completions for a rookie (16)

Tied rookie season TD pass record with Payton Manning (26) :)

Most game winning scores in the final 2min/overtime for a rookie

First QB to rush for 3 TD's and throw for 1, in a half

First rookie QB with back to back 50 pt games.

Did I miss any?:)

And Marvin with all due respect David Graig shouldn't me mentioned in the same sentence as RW. Seattle has had loosers in the QB position since Zorn, yes hassleback was a looser, so it's nice to see Seattle finally get it together. *And I stand my HOF remark, look back I said if he stays healthy......
Ahem.. Jeff... are you smoking some of that Legal weed? RW is a great player... but he needs a career before you can even talk about HoF...

Hasselbeck took the Seahawks to the only Super Bowl they have ever been to where they were jobbed by the refs (who later admitted they screwed up)

#23 ·
Krieg came as an undrafted rookie from Milton College (deceased) in WI. Mudbone was a class act. The only criticism of him was he had small hands. Speaking of hands, Lynch's pickup of RW's fumble & the resultant gain has to rate as a game changing event, I could watch that particular segment of a highlight reel numerous times.

As for Hasselhoff, he was Holmgren's boy, we see their success since they have left the cozy confines of the Emerald city. Holmgren was an easy guy to dislike, but if he could have coached to his perceived level of his ability, he would have been good. Unfortunately for Seattle, he was just another recycled hack of a coach, overpaid & underwhelming in his ability.

#15 ·
with the NFL playoffs , its all about match ups, and right now NOBODY wants to play the Seahawks...they are hot and are playing with house money, their defense is blitzing with reckless abandon, and they know they can beat the 49'ers...the Packers can beat all the teams that remain in the NFC and luckily for them the ones they couldnt beat didnt make the playoffs

#20 ·
with the NFL playoffs , its all about match ups, and right now NOBODY wants to play the Seahawks...they are hot and are playing with house money, their defense is blitzing with reckless abandon, and they know they can beat the 49'ers...the Packers can beat all the teams that remain in the NFC and luckily for them the ones they couldnt beat didnt make the playoffs
Correction, the Packers want very much to play Seattle at Green Bay.....again.

Check out recent play off results when the 2 meet.
I was at the "Snow Bowl."
The redhead was there as well.
Her first visit to the hallowed grounds of Lambeau Field.
She asked after the game, "is it like this for every game?"

Packers won big in a blizzard!!!!

#67 ·
Two teams you have consistently been wrong on this year, New Orleans - very ordinary & Atlanta Falcons, "weak schedule", "won't beat the Saints", "won't win against their tougher last half schedule", "can't beat Seattle" (may not be exact quotes but close). Eventually you'll get it right, I guess....;)

But you're like some of those who jumped on the Seattle band-wagon a little prematurely. Now consensus is Atlanta loses to 49ers, you'll be on that train too, I'm sure. Go Falcons!

#19 ·
NOBODY is afraid to play the Falcons right now. Their defense is suspect and their QB is not playing at the level he has played at in the past. Seahawks are HOT! Their defense is very good and they will be faster on the turf in Atlanta. The Seahawks can run the ball, remember the run a couple of years ago Franco? Now they have a QB who takes care of the ball and as of yet has seemed to not get rattled. Packers look like the old Packers with Woodson back on defense. Capernac sp? is the Wild Card this week, he plays well could be rough on Packers, as the 49'ers defense is very good. My pick Seahawks in Green Bay and Broncos at home v. Patriots.

NFL Regards,

Aaron

#22 ·
Let's not forget as is with ALL Rookies(& Freshman) the Test has yet to be passed.

Just like Heisman Winner Cam Newton we could name dozens of other Rookies(Freshman) who were hot as a fire cracker their first year and then...not so much thereafter.

You give teams a year’s worth of tape to look at and they figure you out.

So while the Seahawks is my 2nd most favorite team in the NFL and RW has indeed had a fabulous year, just like Johnny Football, let's see what happens next year and thereafter, at least that's what I'll do before I start comparing them to the ELITE/Hall of Famers etc.

It has yet to be seen whether these guys are 'Flash in the pans' are real game changers. Takes more than one year(The First Year) to figure that out.

#26 · (Edited)
Moon, he put on a Seattle uniform but, he was never a Seahawk. Hawks under Holmgren was exciting because the team was winning and went to the playoffs and the dance. Just as quickly, Holmgren allowed a team to fall apart right in front of his face. He was acting as the highest authority on the team making all the personnel decisions and contracts. Since he was the "controller", how can he be labeled a good coach/GM after allowing the team to go 4-6 years backwards due to his horrible drafts, contracts and trades? Holmgren may have taken the Hawks to the big one but, he thoroughly damaged the team at the same time.

And, Hasselback and our running back who makes me so sick I won't even mention his name were two of the most over-rated players every to dress in blue. Our offensive line and defense won us the Superbowl. Not the Candy-pants running back who would slide like a quarterback almost every play to avoid being hit.

#27 ·
Moon, he put on a Seattle uniform but, he was never a Seahawk. Hawks under Holmgren was exciting because the team was winning and went to the playoffs and the dance. Just as quickly, Holmgren allowed a team to fall apart right in front of his face. He was acting as the highest authority on the team making all the personnel decisions and contracts. Since he was the "controller", how can he be labeled a good coach/GM after allowing the team to go 4-6 years backwards due to his horrible drafts, contracts and trades? Holmgren may have taken the Hawks to one big win but, he thoroughly damaged the team at the same time.

And, Hasselback and our running back who makes me so sick I won't even mention his name were two of the most over-rated players every to dress in blue. Our offensive line and defense won us the Superbowl. Not the Candy-pants running back who would slide like a quarterback almost every play to avoid being hit.
umm...Seattle didn't WIN the Superbowl...

#29 ·
Russel Wilson's Rookie year stats
COMP
ATT
YDS
TD
INT
ATT
YDS
TD
2012 Season

Dave Kriegs BEST career season
YearTM G Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TDINT Att Yards TD

Sea

#33 ·
I think Dave Krieg won a playoff game in 1983! lol!!

#37 ·
#61 · (Edited)
Boy, Green Bay is really rackin up the yards so far huh! Lol

Should pull a delete post....lol

#64 ·
View attachment 10759

how'd seattle do today?
Considering they only played the 2nd half of the game, they did ok.

ATL's defense played way too soft, way too early and Seattle was staging a comeback. They actually did come back and lead by 1 with 31 seconds left. 2 passes later ATL took the lead with a 49 yd FG to win.

Hats off to the Rookie for leading his team to score 28 points, 21 of which were in the 4th Qtr!

#68 ·
That is correct , sir. Goooo '*****. It will definitely be interesting to watch this QB try to run all over the falcons.

They about gave me a heart attack yesterday.

#71 ·
Nothing like going for a 4th down conversion in the first half instead of kicking a field goal huh? That was a painful loss. Honestly, the games Saturday and Sunday were probably a few of the best NFL games I've watched in a long time.

#72 ·
A tough loss for any team, only to lose having made the come back that Seattle had made. I'm sure Atlanta would look back and think they backed off too soon and too much allowing Seattle to move so easily up & down the field in the 4th quarter and to have lost after a having a 20 point lead in the 4th would have been equally disappointing. An exciting game but not one Atlanta (or Seattle had they won) can afford next week against the 49ers. I think Atlanta's 4th quarter defense shows a weakness that must be addressed or they won't progress to the SB.

#73 ·
Had Pete the cheat kept his hads in his pocket and let the kicker proceed with missing the FG- Seattle wins.

It all wroks out in the end regards

Bubba

#74 ·
Or had he not mismanaged the clock at the end of the first half and taken the chip shot FG instead they came away with nothing...:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.