The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RW 1 (Russell Wilson) GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Plesko View Post
    I'm not here to be a Holmgren apologist. He wasn't the greatest coach of all time. But, to over look that he took two teams that had not been recently winning and take them to the Superbowl is silly.

As I recall, the Seahawks didnt take their step forward under him until after he had had the GM responsibilites removed.
    And that was "after" the starting line up was in place with contracts he negotiated on only last through that year/his term end. One Superbowl visit, the players were done in Seattle. Not a coach who "built" anything made to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    And that was "after" the starting line up was in place with contracts he negotiated on only last through that year/his term end. One Superbowl visit, the players were done in Seattle. Not a coach who "built" anything made to last.
    No argument with that. How many Superbowls had Seattle been to before that? How close had they ever come?

I think Dave Krieg won a playoff game in 1983! lol!!

Moon, he put on a Seattle uniform but, he was never a Seahawk. Hawks under Holmgren was exciting because the team was winning and went to the playoffs and the dance. Just as quickly, Holmgren allowed a team to fall apart right in front of his face. He was acting as the highest authority on the team making all the personnel decisions and contracts. Since he was the "controller", how can he be labeled a good coach/GM after allowing the team to go 4-6 years backwards due to his horrible drafts, contracts and trades? Holmgren may have taken the Hawks to the big one but, he thoroughly damaged the team at the same time.

And, Hasselback and our running back who makes me so sick I won't even mention his name were two of the most over-rated players every to dress in blue. Our offensive line and defense won us the Superbowl. Not the Candy-pants running back who would slide like a quarterback almost every play to avoid being hit.
    didnt that running back whose alma mater will win the national championship tonite also win the NFL MVP , lead the league in rushing, 3x Pro bowl, 2x All Pro
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Plesko View Post
    No argument with that. How many Superbowls had Seattle been to before that? How close had they ever come?
    I think I was 8 or 9 years old still wearing my cotton Steve Largent jersey that was about two sizes too small by then. I still have the Seattle Times Newspaper with Largent catching the record breaking pass. I also still have the sports page cover where Largent took revenge on that corner back who took a cheap shot on him...can't remember the name at the moment but, Largent de-cleated him. It was magical!

Shaun Alexander
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Shaun Alexander

barf! He had the best offensive line and an even better lead blocker working for that daisy sniffer.

Now this sequence, this brings a tear to my eye...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Let's not forget as is with ALL Rookies(& Freshman) the Test has yet to be passed.

Just like Heisman Winner Cam Newton we could name dozens of other Rookies(Freshman) who were hot as a fire cracker their first year and then...not so much thereafter.

You give teams a year’s worth of tape to look at and they figure you out.

So while the Seahawks is my 2nd most favorite team in the NFL and RW has indeed had a fabulous year, just like Johnny Football, let's see what happens next year and thereafter, at least that's what I'll do before I start comparing them to the ELITE/Hall of Famers etc.

It has yet to be seen whether these guys are 'Flash in the pans' are real game changers. Takes more than one year(The First Year) to figure that out.
    Yep look at Aikman 1-15 with the win coming from his back up, Steve Walsh. thats why they call it a career not a year.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

barf! He had the best offensive line and an even better lead blocker working for that daisy sniffer.

Now this sequence, this brings a tear to my eye...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw
    Awesome!!!! then he gets the ball to top it off!
    Bill Davis

LMAO at SEA fans
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade