The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Angie Becker Challenge

Smile The Angie Becker Challenge

Angie,
    Please see my post in your thread regarding "what if I get an MH in two venues". It got kinda long so here is my reply.
    "I run springer field trials and all my dogs are force fetched. They can also run decent land blinds. I only trained one of them to run water blinds that I ran in hunt tests. I know they would pass a retriever SH test. I will agree the water work at spaniel hunt tests is quite weak and painful to watch but I would bet some serious money that I could run a field bred springer and pass an MH retriever test faster than you could make an FC springer. There are are a pretty fair number of spaniel field trials in Texas, you would not have to travel far. I would even give you a puppy when I breed my female, you can have pick of the litter if the bet is substantial enough. If you don't like one of mine I will get you one out of any litter you can find. You seem to know alot about spaniels and their field trial gunning and what the dogs are capable of. I will bet you 10 grand. Youngest to accomplish their goal wins. Puppies can come from any litter in the country. "

Lets work something out.

Where's the popcorn eating smiley face when I need it?!

My good buddy Jere always said don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass. And if you know him the spelling is correct, not Jerry. I know Bob M. also and I think he is a good guy who has had some great dogs. This could be a fun bet. Pen raised chickens, cheap champions, easy money. Come and get it.
    Last edited by jwdavis; 01-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Angie,
    Please see my post in your thread regarding "what if I get an MH in two venues". It got kinda long so here is my reply.
    "I run springer field trials and all my dogs are force fetched. I only trained one of them to run water blinds that I ran in hunt tests. I know they would pass a retriever SH test. I will agree the water work at spaniel hunt tests is quite weak and painful to watch but I would bet some serious money that I could run a field bred springer and pass an MH retriever test faster than you could make an FC springer. There are are a pretty fair number of spaniel field trials in Texas, you would not have to travel far. I would even give you a puppy when I breed my female, you can have pick of the litter if the bet is substantial enough. If you don't like one of mine I will get you one out of any litter you can find. You seem to know alot about spaniels and their field trial gunning and what the dogs are capable of. I will bet you 10 grand. Youngest to accomplish their goal wins. Puppies can come from any litter in the country. "

Lets work something out.
    Seriously??? Your dogs have done nothing but I'm suppose to do something with what?? Nothing?? I'm game but you're challenge is weak,, And I could FC your springer quicker then you could FC my retriever...

You FC my retriever,,, I FC your springer,,,

All FC's are created equal right???

Angie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    My good buddy Jere always said don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass. And if you know him the spelling is correct, not Jerry. I know Bob M. also and I think he is a good guy who has had some great dogs. This could be a fun bet. Pen raised chickens, cheap champions, easy money. Come and get it.
    It's don't let your alligator mouth bite your canary ass... Montler is all about the bet,, His dogs are just, "so so".. In my humble opinion.. He is a good guy and totally about the sport,,, He has yet to own a FC retriever... He just needs to find the right pro.. And the right dog...

Angie

You would be asking me to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, IE taking a springer and making it do retriever work. All you have to do is let a spaniel be a spaniel. I would bet I can get an MH pass before you get an all age placement. You don't have to title the dog. If you think Montler and the Wharton's have only had so/so springers you don't know as much as you think or Bob is awfully humble. Lay out what you think is fair. My dog's haven't championed out but my one dog does have all age placements. You don't have to take one of mine, pick a puppy from whomever you want. Lay out your terms. I will even let you use an evil ecollar.

Angie,

There's a Springer trial in Decatur the 19-20th of this month if you're interested.
    "The bird hunter watches only the dog, and always knows where the dog is, whether or not visible at the moment. The dog’ nose is the bird hunters eye. Many hunters who carry a shotgun in season have never learned to watch the dog, or interpret his reaction to scent."
    Aldo Leopold, Round River

If thats North Texas I and my sorry potlickers will most likely be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post
    Seriously??? Your dogs have done nothing but I'm suppose to do something with what?? Nothing?? I'm game but you're challenge is weak,, And I could FC your springer quicker then you could FC my retriever...

You FC my retriever,,, I FC your springer,,,

All FC's are created equal right???

Angie
    I can MH your retriever for sure. If you can guaranteed FC a springer for me what's it gonna cost me? I would love to find a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Where's the popcorn eating smiley face when I need it?!
    Renee P