The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Angie Becker Challenge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I agree! Angie Becker training any breed to an FC - that's a hoot!-Paul
    I'm not so sure about that Paul!! One can accomplish anything if they set their mind to it,,,, even you....

Angie

Looks like RTF 13 is off to a great start!!

Aaron
    AFC Iron Lines Sergeant Pepper "Pepper"
    FC FTCH Westwood's Sunday Silence "Buck"
    Sweet Swingin' Fred MH ***

www.southforkkennelsllc.com

No Kidding! This is the good stuff
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

I remember when jellobabe was a hardcore retriever trainer. Know she just prances around the ring with a shiny new lead attached to a Chessie of all things. I think hell froze over...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post
    No he did not!!!

Not interested. I have neither the time or inclination. Remember I train dogs for a living and wasting valuable time on something I'm not interested in is just that. The only dogs I train that are mine personally are dogs that are part of my breeding program.

I'm flattered that you took the time to make the offer.

Angie

I also don't think you know what you're talking about. IMHO
    What exactly is it that I don't know what I'm talking about? Feel free to ask me whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Yeah, the best part was the unspoken challenge tripling the bet if Angie could put on an FC on a Cavalier King Charles spaniel. Alas, like ESS running an AKC retriever MH test - or any other breeds besides ESS and cockers running spaniel field trials - it's purely hypothetical.

MG
    I'll tell you one bet I wouldn't take is that you would be unable to produce pictures of a Cavalier retrieving a fox or a rabbit or some other roadkill given enough time. I personally don't understand why cockers and springers don't run against each other in the U.S. Seems to work fine In Canada. The only other breed I can think of that may have an outside shot in a spaniel trial is a Boykin, the rest would have about as much of a chance as a curly coated retiever at a retriever trial.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    I remember when jellobabe was a hardcore retriever trainer. Know she just prances around the ring with a shiny new lead attached to a Chessie of all things. I think hell froze over...

/Paul
    Could possibly be?? I'm gonna see if "I" can title a CH... It will be fun trying...

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post
    Could possibly be?? I'm gonna see if "I" can title a CH... It will be fun trying...

Angie
    At least with a Chessie, you stand a chance of titling a CH. The way lab CH's are built, not to much chance.
    Last edited by Howard N; 01-07-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    I personally don't understand why cockers and springers don't run against each other in the U.S. Seems to work fine In Canada. The only other breed I can think of that may have an outside shot in a spaniel trial is a Boykin, the rest would have about as much of a chance as a curly coated retiever at a retriever trial.
    No question - especially given the lame minor spaniel breed clubs in this country. That is, unless all the minor spaniels consorted and came up with an A/V (any variety [other than springers and cockers]) trial a few times a year. Hell would not just freeze over but send up iceberg missiles before that would happen.

And that's what makes it even more pitiful and affirms what you said about the minor breeds being "damn near a lost cause" as gundogs - because from this kind of A/V trial, as is held in the UK, you could earn an FC essentially competing against your own breed of dogs.

If - and what an "if," as in "if wishes were Secretariat, you'd have a lot of horsepower to run with" - they had any interest in field work a'tall. Which they don't, feeble endorsements to the contrary. And there's no way enough spaniel - and gundog - lovers could ever import enough working Sussex and Clumbers to have that happen anyway. Double-damned near lost cause, I agree.

MG