The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Angie Becker Challenge

My two Springer pups having a blast out at Omega Farms.

Regards
    JT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by labraiser View Post
    Have either of you ever placed in an open stake trial with dogs you trained yourself? Sounds like a lot pissing with nothing to back it up with.
    Nope but I've done the basics for a few,,, I've run dogs in the open and have gotten to the water marks. I do have several QAA's under my belt. Never ran a springer but I think I could figure it out, it's really not that hard.. MH'd a lot of dogs and hope to get a CH/MH on a chessie and hopefully a boykin.

If my venue was FT's I know I'm astute enough to pursue that endeavor... Tough way to make a living and raise a family so I chose hunt tests and gun dogs.

Angie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    where is Ken Guthrie when we need him....I just know he is out there
    Agreed!!! This could be one heck of a lot of fun...

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Springer Amateur, never placed in an open. Only ran a couple because I agreed to gun the amateur because I had no intentions of going to the National amateur last year. Both my trial dogs were trained by a pro and I give him all the credit for any of my meager successes. I also have another friend who trains retrievers professionally and he has helped me with two of my dogs and he deserves some credit also.
    Cool, glad to see that you did it yourself. Training an FC or AFC deserves appreciation! I just know that AFC Or FC are tough titles to obtain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Homburg View Post

I think he is off with Quix Chang trainer discussing the price of tea in China.

Regards,

​Aaron
    He's busy with his nubile nymphs or was it naked nymphs with lotus petals??? Hard to keep up with that man....

Angie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Springer Amateur, never placed in an open. Only ran a couple because I agreed to gun the amateur because I had no intentions of going to the National amateur last year. Both my trial dogs were trained by a pro and I give him all the credit for any of my meager successes. I also have another friend who trains retrievers professionally and he has helped me with two of my dogs and he deserves some credit also.
    And you did a "slap down" with this history to back you up??? Blahahahaha... Alcohol was obviously involved.

Don't let your alligator mouth bite your sorry canary ass...

Angie

anyone foolish enough to bet against Ms Becker , well bring your money to Vegas and throw it on a roulette table because you stand a better chance...Honestly you wanna bet against a professional gun dog trainer that does this 24/7 365 days a year...an experienced professional dog trainer is gonna beat you in any breed and any format once they are given ample time to find out the nuances of that breed and the game played

My friend George was a National finalist/judge and got out of the retriever games...took up the pointer games with a GSP and has won the National Shooting Dog title a couple of times with two different dogs
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by labraiser View Post
    Cool, glad to see that you did it yourself. Training an FC or AFC deserves appreciation! I just know that AFC Or FC are tough titles to obtain.
    What did he do himself?? He ran a couple of dogs... That is nice!!!

Angie

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Angie = Alligator

jwdavis = canary

So Angie, after the "little pecker" got done picking at your tough (but beaut-a-mous) hide, did you enjoy your snack? Congrats again on the BOW with the curly brown dog!!! If you want a real challenge, I challenge you to train my eng. cocker pup to a MH/MH for free!!! Now THAT is an offer you can't refuse, right???
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!