The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Proud to Be an RTF'er - Thanks Raymond and Franco! Thanks RTF folks!

Default I'm Proud to Be an RTF'er - Thanks Raymond and Franco! Thanks RTF folks!

I'm very proud to be associated with RTF right now. Franco and Raymond Little were both KEY in helping Davis and Jamie Arthur gain some closure with their tragic loss of Boz. If it weren't for these 2 local folks' awareness via RTF, one with media contacts and experience, the other with law enforcement/detective/prosecution connections in the local area, there's a decent chance that the Arthurs may not have gotten the kind of resolution they got. No it did not bring Boz back. But this pulling together made me proud to be part of RTF.

Sincere thanks to Raymond, Franco, and many other RTF members who worked to get the word out and try to help get Boz back. I had a very nice talk with Mr. Davis Arthur this weekend, as many of you reading have as well. What happened is terrible. But the scumbag who committed the crime has been caught, and perhaps many of us have benefitted or learned something in the process. The way bad guys are kept from pulling it off in the future is through awareness and preventative action. One benefit is that my own local animal shelter will likely spend some of their budget on training for their staff to establish a more robust protocol around the use of euthanasia in their program. RTF's own Lauren Hays and her connections have already been helpful in moving this project forward. If it weren't for RTF, I'd likely never have had the opportunity to communicate with Lauren. (I don't play dog games at her level...... CONGRATS Lauren - on your incredible run at this year's National with "Slider"!)

It sounds like the Lafayette folks could also perhaps modify their processes in determining if euthanasia is appropriate.

Again, my deepest condolences to the Arthurs.

I am very happy that some folks were able to use RTF for good, to try to get some good dog folks some resolution.

Thanks to Raymond, Franco and many of you others.

Chris

how did they make the call to put Boz down? Do we now know? The way I read that thread I thought animal control officers at the scene put him down due to "such bad shape" after the dog fight he was in. Was he transported alive to someplace? It is a very sad story no matter, and I also am glad folks here were able to lend a hand.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I am impressed at the the way so many RTFers step up. I have noticed several others that have consistently stepped up to help reunite lost dogs with their owners.

Another way to protect a pet is through licensing. If the Salt Lake County Animal Shelter finds your licensed pet and it is injured, they will bring it to a vet. (For me, this was a huge incentive to comply with the law.)
    Renee P

so true! raymond and franco did all anyone could ask, chris provided a great resource and the rest of rtf'ers were right there too.
    john mccallie

Well said Chris! I too was proud and will not hesitate to lean on the RTF if any tragedy such is this happens to me or those I know.
    Jim Holzgen

A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
    ~ Josh Billings

Shows the power of the internet.
    Shows the power of networking.
    Shows the power of communicating.
    Shows the power of good people who care about other good people and their dogs.
    Bill Davis

Chris, thank you again and very much looking forward to my RTF cap! If I were in the same situation, I am certain that RTF members would do the same for me.

Some good may come out of this as folks are using the Boz incident to reform pet laws and animal control protocol.

Who would have thunk that?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    shows the power of the internet.
    absolutely!
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc
    Drake's Bay Super Duty (2004 - 2013)

That's the beauty of RTF we can fight with each other over silly things but most on here will have your back when you need them.
    Great work Franco and Raymond and CHRIS. Without Chris none of this would be possible.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Shows the power of the internet.
    Well said... and Thank YOU chris.
    Danielle R. Pellicci
    http://www.blackFootkennels.com
    Home of:
    SPICE, MH (11) CD RA NA (OA2) NAJ
    (FC AFC “Cori” X Malli QAA)
    FEATHER, MH QAA
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X “Spice” MH CD RA NA NAJ)
    PENNY, CD BN SH (RN2)
    (FC AFC CAFC “Copper” X “Faith” MH QAA)
    CAPPY
    (2XNAFC FC AFC “Ram” X “Cree”)
    HALO
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X“Spice” MH CD RA NA NAJ)
    TORCH
    (HRCH “Ticket” MH X“Penny” CD BN SH)
    &
    RIP: Rhumbline’s Guinness is Good, JH... Miss you every day "Big Man"