The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Ret. Club HT

Default Tulsa Ret. Club HT

Running order is posted. Junior will be split. www.tulsaretrieverclub.com

I counted the number of dogs and there is 55/a 42/b . Why isn't it more even? Is Sunday going to be split also?

The uneven split is do to keeping some pros with a bunch of dogs in the same flight. Dont think they plan on splitting on sunday

There were several unhappy people at the Junior on Sunday and probably Saturday. We missed the ribbon presentation on Saturday. They sure were disappointed about not getting a title Ribbon. Does Tulsa Retreiver Club not give out title ribbons for some reason?

Banned

Default tulsa test

I'm new to akc hunt tests, are you refering to a PASS ribbon or does akc give a special ribbon for a title? The folks with the ribbons may have had to go home or something, who knows. I'm sure junior was long sunday with 80 dogs and not split. My dog did good sat., but sunday left his brain in the hotel room. My senior dog failed due to my not paying attention and failing him due to handler error.(my first senior test).

There were several unhappy people at the Junior on Sunday and probably Saturday
    When those guys are running the test, getting judges, grounds, help, birds, lunches and doing all that goes into making a hunt test go, they can order title ribbons. In the mean time you thank the people who put the test on for giving their time and effort.

Where's sportsmanship and appreciation nowadays?
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N
    There were several unhappy people at the Junior on Sunday and probably Saturday
    Where's sportsmanship and appreciation nowadays?
    Really.

Oh, but I'm sure they thanked them for all their time and effort.

Just how unhappy were they ?

Maybe it's just me, but Titled ribbon .... so what ??? Isn't 4 Orange ones and a certificate from AKC proof enough ???

Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

the marshall/ribbon presenter was telling people who titled ''sorry we don't have title ribbons, please let the management know you were disappointed'' seems she felt the same way the participants did. as in they didn't get something they should have. i would have been disappointed in the lack of title ribbons if my dog titled that day as well. and to tell you the truth as far as helping..... i bust my hump every year at a field trial and hunt test for my club. i go to other events expecting to be a participant and recieve all the things i paid my entry for. thanks is in order for those who help. that doesn't make me feel differently about whether or not a club chooses to honor those dogs that recieved a title at the event. this is the first event i have been to that didn't offer the title ribbons. i have been to events at 5 different retriever clubs over the last few years. no title ribbons is a new one on me.

Whaaaaa they didnt pass out title ribbons whaaaa I dont believe there was anything in the premium about title ribbons. The AKC will send you a paper tilte in the mail for your great accomplishment. Until then quit whinning you havent run enough events to even have an oppinion.

TexasLabs

Default How Dare...

How dare you guys that has been in this game for so long you want to condemn someone for wanting a title ribbon.

These people might not only have but one dog and have just started this game that I so love.... So 4 ugly orange ribbon and a generally somewhat better looking title ribbon is very special.... I know, it was with my first dog.

So the clubs that take your entry fee and can't even acknowledge your dog for a job well done is a disgrace. This is the first one I know of that doesn't give out title ribbons.

I would think that if that was there plan from the beginning that it should have been noted in the premium. Again this is a first......