RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

chessie pics?

25K views 105 replies 51 participants last post by  Happy Gilmore 
#1 ·
Seen some great pictures of black dogs latley, now how about some pictures of some chessies??

#74 ·
Looks like you are protecting the little black ones from the big bad brown dogs! And Jon Couch, I LOVE that first picture of the dog looking away in the snow, it is beautiful!

#76 ·
My first one

Here is my first dog. She just happened to be a Chesapeake. My dad rescued her from the dog pound for me. Dad worked with the sister of the owner who let her wander off. Her owner did not want to pay the fees again to get her out again. The lady Dad worked with was so upset she talked him into rescuing her.

She was about a year and a half old when I (we) got her. The original owner must have spent a lot of time working with her. She was very well trained and hunted great, she would just wander away if left unsupervised for any length of time. I never understood why he let her wander away and just gave up on her. She quit trying to wander off after I had her for some time.

I was young and didn’t understand much about dogs, but the original owner stopped over at the house and wanted to sell Dad her AKC papers. Dad told him he could see she was a good dog and would not spend any more money to prove she was.

She lasted until I was in college, and taught me alot. I have never had any other breed of dog because of her. This picture must have been taken around 1968. I wish I had a better picture, but you can tell she is a Chesapeake.
Vertebrate Dog Canidae Photograph Dog breed

#79 ·
Herd Bird Wildlife Goose Water bird
We use the yellow dog for anything close under 100 yds.The chessie (Nativeland Kennels) for the tuff ones.

#81 ·
Oughta hear his double cluck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.