The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ... energy prices will necessarily soar

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    It is completly idiotic not using CNG to power our vehicles. We get a discount on our propane in the poultry business due to volume we use. We are currently paying $1.45 per gallon. Think about how much money would stay in consumers pockets if every car was powered by CNG.

Lets see much less poluting and we have enough of it for our childrens great grandchildren to not have to depend on foreign oil. How smart are we?
    Follow the $$$$$$
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

I have to agree with charly that renewable energy is only competitive with coal as long as it is subsidized. I find it difficult to believe that it is truly the big competition for coal. I would agree that NG is a competitor ... at least until regulations on fracking stifle that.

That wasn't me, Gerry. Would like to take credit but can't. VBG
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

And if you really want to find out how to save far more oil money, check out the cost of transporting the Canadian oil, as well as the Nodak oil by the lesfts favorite billionaire...the Oracle of Omaha...the Obama facillitator...Mr. Buffet. He's of course funding the environmental loons about all the negative reason to not run a pipeline from the north to the south, and ultimately to some of the refinery regions, at far less cost..as well as danger to the environment via train wrecks and ground spills.

But the lefties have convinced many of the nations fools, paying Buffet's railroads to transport that crude is for some reason safer. GFF?? Especially since we have a bazzillion miles of underground pipelines already moving oil (Alaska) and NG (Kansas/Nebraska, MDU in our area,along with many others in the nation). Wake up people! You are being duped by this oligarchy every day this inept empty suit runs this nation.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    And if you really want to find out how to save far more oil money, check out the cost of transporting the Canadian oil, as well as the Nodak oil by the lesfts favorite billionaire...the Oracle of Omaha...the Obama facillitator...Mr. Buffet. He's of course funding the environmental loons about all the negative reason to not run a pipeline from the north to the south, and ultimately to some of the refinery regions, at far less cost..as well as danger to the environment via train wrecks and ground spills.

But the lefties have convinced many of the nations fools, paying Buffet's railroads to transport that crude is for some reason safer. GFF?? Especially since we have a bazzillion miles of underground pipelines already moving oil (Alaska) and NG (Kansas/Nebraska, MDU in our area,along with many others in the nation). Wake up people! You are being duped by this oligarchy every day this inept empty suit runs this nation.
    This empty suit? Obama empty chair suit.jpg
    Bill Davis

As a result of that proposal, the 13-year legislative logjam will be broken. The bill contains all of the essential features of my original proposal and will lead to the achievement of the goals I originally set out. The bill I am signing today will permanently reduce sulfur dioxide emissions by 10 million tons below 1999 levels. It will cut NOx emissions by two million tons from projected year 2020 levels and reduce air toxic emissions by over 75 percent.

The bill will allow the Nation finally to meet air quality standards in every city; and, in total, almost 30 million tons per year of dangerous chemicals and noxious pollutants will be prevented from fouling the air.

The result of this new Act will be that cancer risk, respiratory disease, heart ailments, and reproductive disorders will be reduced; damage to lakes, streams, parks, crops, and forests will greatly be lessened; and visibility will be notably improved. As an added benefit, energy security will on balance be enhanced as utilities and automobiles switch to cleaner burning alternative fuels.

The innovative use of market incentives in the bill represents the turning of a new page in our approach to environmental problems in this country. The acid rain allowance trading program will be the first large-scale regulatory use of market incentives and is already being seen as a model for regulatory reform efforts here and abroad. The acid rain program is based on some simple concepts -- that we should set tough standards, allow freedom of choice in how to meet them, and let the power of markets help us allocate the costs most efficiently.

By employing a system that generates the most environmental protection for every dollar spent, the trading system lays the groundwork for a new era of smarter government regulation; one that is more compatible with economic growth than using only the command and control approaches of the past. Other provisions to increase flexibility include increased opportunities for emissions trading and performance standards for fuel refiners to encourage alternative fuel reformulations. In all, these path-breaking features allow us to implement the legislation in a way that achieves my environmental goals at an acceptable cost. The result will be the dawning of a new era in regulatory policy, one that relies on the market to reconcile the environment and the economy.
    How can you not buy into this plan?

It is completly idiotic not using CNG to power our vehicles. We get a discount on our propane in the poultry business due to volume we use. We are currently paying $1.45 per gallon. Think about how much money would stay in consumers pockets if every car was powered by CNG.

Lets see much less poluting and we have enough of it for our childrens great grandchildren to not have to depend on foreign oil. How smart are we?
    You want to hear something idiotic. I live in NE Pa. and at this moment I am literally sitting on more energy than my childrens great grandchildren could ever use themselves yet tomorrow and the next day and the next I will go to the gas station and fill up with energy sourced from foreign countries which are filled with people who want to see all Americans dead. Now thats what I call idiotic! I can't even bear to think about it. I gotta get back to the dogs, it's much less stressful

How does a gallon of propane compare to a gallon of gasoline as a motor fuel?

I was on a field trip to the Yucatan back in 1977 and on the way we passed through Poza Rica (a big oil producing area) at night and there were whole valleys lit up by gas flares. I was nearly dumbfounded by the fact that they just looked at the NG as a waste product to be burned off. Some of the flares were probably nearly 100 feet tall.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    How can you not buy into this plan?
    It looks really good on paper ...
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    .................................................. ........................... I was nearly dumbfounded by the fact that they just looked at the NG as a waste product to be burned off. .............................................
    It hasn't been that many years since that was still done in this country. Of course my memory is good for that period in time, vbg. It was a great yard light and it sure killed a lot of bugs ( both good and bad probably ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It looks really good on paper ...
    Just on paper? What could you possibly see wrong with it?