The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Hagel Decorated War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Buzz
    I'm curious. Were we a country of heathens before 1954?

I also think it's pretty piss poor for you to make judgements and comments about the religious beliefs of people you don't really know at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Buzz, most of the Evangelical Regressives won't know what you are even refering to, but we really shouldn't expect them to.

I am amused by them, however, always tryiing to be clever, and forgetting that our country was founded by people escaping from religous persecution to form a union where you could worship as you saw fit. To me, that includes a boatload of different ideals and beliefs, (as long as they agree with yours) and why I am proud to live in such a place, inspite of some of the inhabitants. (couldn't agree more)
    More itellectual elitism.......impressive.
    Stan b & Elvis

Shouldn't matter who refers to them in that manner. Any man our woman decorated in the line of duty deserves respect. Those wounded serving our country, even more.

Really poor taste.
    If that statement is true and you really beleive that, thank you for your respect.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If you support a party that takes God out of their platform and BOOS God at their convention and don't call them on it, THAT is in pretty poor taste.
    Well bless your little heart Stan. Please show any post I have ever stated such. What I do support is the right of every American to believe as he or she sees fit, and not how a political party says I, or they should. It bothers me greatly when I see my flag disrespected, but it is that persons right. Makes them somewhat of a fool, but it is there right. Same as it is the Evangelical Regressives right to worship as they see fit or demonstrate at the funerals of fallen soldiers. Both make me sick.. But it is there right.

Just as it is your right to disrespect a decorated, wounded vet with your posts on RFT. You don't think him worthy, or he speaks his own minand is his own person and not a party mimic, so lets flame him. That, is poor taste. But it is your right.
    Last edited by Golddogs; 01-08-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

If that statement is true and you really beleive that, thank you for your respect.
    100 % and so should every person living in this country.

Why, thank you, but I thought it was just what every generation who has fought and died was defending : Our rights.

Well bless your little heart Stan. Please show any post I have ever stated such. What I do support is the right of every American to believe as he or she sees fit, and not how a political party says I, or they should. It bothers me greatly when I see my flag disrespected, but it is that persons right. Makes them somewhat of a fool, but it is there right. Same as it is the Evangelical Regressives right to worship as they see fit or demonstrate at the funerals of fallen soldiers. Both make me sick.. But it is there right.

Just as it is your right to disrespect a decorated, wounded vet with your posts on RFT. You don't think him worthy, or he speaks his own minand is his own person and not a party mimic, so lets flame him. That, is poor taste. But it is your right.
    Well one thing we agree on.
    If you were next to me and we watched someone burn or disrespect our flag (because it is their right) you would either help me, or be calling a policeman and an ambulance.

As far as the Church people who invade a fallen soldiers funeral, again, same scenario.
    In fact, there were rumors of such activity planned here in Milwaukee at a fallen Marines services.
    But rumors got out about some of us VMC guys and some MCMC guys were attending as security.
    It never happened.
    Stan b & Elvis

When someone is too lazy to try Spell check or their dictionary, I would not make the mistake of considering them intellectual .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    When someone is too lazy to try Spell check or their dictionary, I would not make the mistake of considering them intellectual .
    I don't beleive I am the one that made that mistake.

If you get my drift................
    Stan b & Elvis

what most people tend to forget is that just because someone is a decorated military figure it does not automatically make them a good politician...in fact it sometimes comes back to haunt them because they believe they are bulletproof...anyone remember Randall " Duke" Cunningham, John Murtha, McCain, Wesley Clark

Hagel is a bonafide hero....unfortunately his political career wont matter because there arent enough votes to stop his confirmation, same goes for Kerry...lets confirm them and get back to the business at hand
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I don't beleive I am the one that made that mistake.

If you get my drift................
    Double tap...self-inflicted. Is that possible?

Once again, it depends.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift