The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 2013 XLVII GDG

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    You must have not looked at the play the guy wsn't on him. Secondly cleats to certain parts of the anatomy are not a pleasant experience. Click on Dustins link and I think you will see why he should have been fined.

I can't wait to see if Bellycheck gets a fine for sticking his pacifier in his mouth and refusing to be interviewed after they got their butts kicked.
    I saw the play... I don't really care about Brady or the play. I'm talking about the road the league has been going down for a few years now...

Powder puff regards
    Bill Davis

That makes perfect sense; fine Brady for doing something which resulted in no injury or penalty.

Meanwhile Welker almost has his head taken off by an illegal hit that was penalized for 15 yards and an automatic first down and has to leave the game to collect his wits. No fine. Go figure out that one. - Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    That makes perfect sense; fine Brady for doing something which resulted in no injury or penalty.

Meanwhile Welker almost has his head taken off by an illegal hit that was penalized for 15 yards and an automatic first down and has to leave the game to collect his wits. No fine. Go figure out that one. - Paul
    Its ok his wife can do his talking for him.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I saw the play... I don't really care about Brady or the play. I'm talking about the road the league has been going down for a few years now...

Powder puff regards
    Bill there is a difference in a clean knock you off your cleats hit and a cleats to the balls cheap shot. Remember he is sliding not to get hit and during this he tries to castrate the guy.

A cheap shot is a cheap shot and Brady took a cheap shot. Great qb btw made Bellychecks career.

Bill there is a difference in a clean knock you off your cleats hit and a cleats to the balls cheap shot. Remember he is sliding not to get hit and during this he tries to castrate the guy.

A cheap shot is a cheap shot and Brady took a cheap shot. Great qb btw made Bellychecks career.
    Brady sliding spikes up is like a baseball player sliding spikes up at second base to break up a double play, its a cheap chicken excrement move..the QB is being given a free shot by sliding to avoid getting decapitated, coming in with spikes up is a good way to get your legs snapped in two...and I am a Brady fan, but he knows better
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I don't know how many times or ways I have to say it. I don't care about Brady, the slide the cheap shot, the guys balls, whatever. I am talking about the downward slide in quality of football being played over the last half dozen or more years since the league has become more and more anti-defense and anti-contact. That particular play means nothing to me except that it is a sign of the way the league has gone, starting with the slide itself... Then the whining about it. In years back, they would have taken care of it on the field. Now, it could mean a suspension or worse.

Who ever thought pro football players would be whining days after a game about a QBs slide? Wonder what Mean Joe Greene or Jack Lambert would have said about the slide?

Again, I am not a Patriots or Brady fan... I just think the whole thing is insulting to football.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I don't know how many times or ways I have to say it. I don't care about Brady, the slide the cheap shot, the guys balls, whatever. I am talking about the downward slide in quality of football being played over the last half dozen or more years since the league has become more and more anti-defense and anti-contact. That particular play means nothing to me except that it is a sign of the way the league has gone, starting with the slide itself... Then the whining about it. In years back, they would have taken care of it on the field. Now, it could mean a suspension or worse.

Who ever thought pro football players would be whining days after a game about a QBs slide? Wonder what Mean Joe Greene or Jack Lambert would have said about the slide?

Again, I am not a Patriots or Brady fan... I just think the whole thing is insulting to football.
    Alot of those old players families are lining up to sue the NFL and perhaps bring about the demise of football. Much like prof boxing times change.

Two mules meeting on this one.

Go back to the leather helmet without a face guard and you would end majority of the head trauma and all of the face mask issues.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Ed reed didnt really care about the slide. After the game Brady text him to apoligize. Reed just called him back and they talked. He said I know Tom is not a dirt player and he is a great competitior. Reed was saying players do stuff when they are caught up in the moment of the game.

Also this is not the first time the NFL has fined players for plays that were not flagged on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by j towne View Post
    Ed reed didnt really care about the slide. After the game Brady text him to apoligize. Reed just called him back and they talked. He said I know Tom is not a dirt player and he is a great competitior. Reed was saying players do stuff when they are caught up in the moment of the game.

Also this is not the first time the NFL has fined players for plays that were not flagged on the field.
    He would have cared if his gonads ended up around the horse collar area.

But it is what it is. Officials miscalls, even on replays, and it was a cheap shot regardless of the heat of the moment. I;m sure that cat for Detroit with the name I can't pronounce was only caught in the heat of them moment a couple of times.

The cheapest shot I"ve seen was from Welkers wife and I don't like Ray Lewis at all.