RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Super Bowl 2013 XLVII GDG

25K views 141 replies 29 participants last post by  j towne 
#1 · (Edited)
You heard it here first ...

Super Bowl XLVII -

Denver Broncos (Peyton Manning) vs. Seattle Seahawks (RW 1 & Lynch).

Line up your 'Vegas' money ...

WD

#3 ·
the Seahawks are currently 3-1 to win the NFC Championship, and 8-1 to win the SB

the Broncos are currently even money to win the AFC Championship and 3-1 to win the SB (current favorite just slightly ahead of the Pats)

#4 ·
While the Seahawks are an impressive young team to make it to the SB they will have to win two more games on the road, Atlanta and either SF or GB, the odds on that are long.

#5 ·
When Aaron Rodgers was asked if he was disapointed San Fran did not draft him Aaron responded "not as disapointed as they are gonna be!"

Can't wait to see the payback!!!!!

#39 · (Edited)
Oooops! What happened?

The Packers will have their final game of this season on the 20th of January. There is a reason the betting odds are what they are .
Well they had their final game alright but it didn't take that long

Super Bowl XLVII, Broncos 31-21 over the Packers in a GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game.
Dave Hare
Whatever you do Dave do not give up your day job to become a handicapper;-)

#7 ·
This weekend; Broncos and Pats are both favored by 9 points, 49ers by 3 and Falcons by 2.5 points. If I were to bet the games, I'd take the dogs with the points. Though I think the Broncos, Pats, 49ers and Falcons will win. Would love to see an upset by the Seahawks.

#8 ·
I'll take GB +3

A pack of Johnsonville brats against????????

#19 · (Edited)
Further thoughts -

This is not a rebuttle or criticism, simply a statement combining recent events:
momenteum of teams & individuals and coaching prowess ...

So, not a pundit, not a prognosticator or a Friday or Saturday QB, basic factors -
"home field advantage" & players returning to areas where they started their
career, composure, confidence, execution by key players ... in some ways ...
defines the "chill factor" may well define this weekend's games.

Yes, after this weekend, the picture/trend will be expected or a surprise ...

Kinda like a seasoned F.T. judge facing a laundry list of retrievers and
handlers ... some "steady good" ... some prone to old failures ..

Bill Connor

#21 ·
Super Bowl XLVII, Broncos 31-21 over the Packers in a GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game. Dave Hare
The Packers will have their final game of this season on the 20th of January. There is a reason the betting odds are what they are :).

#22 ·
I am and always will be a diehard Seahawks fan. That said I do follow the team and unfortunately the loss of Clemmons could really make beating the dirty birds tough. He is a big reason their defense is one of the best in the NFL. if some others can step it up and pick up the pass rushing slack they might win otherwise it could be very tough.

LT

#24 ·
21-14 midway through the 2nd. Ravens will need to answer.

#25 ·
Broncos have their hands full with some questionable officiating...that and Champ Bailey being exposed as "THE Lock down CB"....Manning is showing MVP stuff...lots of game left

#29 ·
With 8 Defensive Backs, how the heck does Denver allow LSU's Jacoby Jones beat them on deep route for the tie! If it wasn't for Trindon Holliday, Denver wouldn't even be in the game.

#30 ·
Franco, you're right!

Please remember this date regards,

#66 ·
Ed, I will eat crow on this one.When I walked out of the stadium FREEZING MY A** OFF,the feeling I had was winning a trial and missing the last bird in the 4th by Inches. VERY SAD DAY IN BRONCO LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Hare

#33 ·
You say he's average, but he's got a 7-4 record in the playoffs and just outplayed Manning after outplaying Brady last year. One dropped pass away from the SB last year.

#34 ·
Flacco is definitley an upper tier QB, even before today's game. He played huge against the Broncos, was on the money with his passes, played clutch and made a solid Bronco's D look ordinary.

#40 ·
Humiliating game played by the .

Yes, that's what an invisible defense looks like in print. Their linebackers "led" by the ever-invisible A.J. (The Great White Hoax) Hawk never showed up. Capers had it all planned out for Kaepernick, a revolutionary 4-0-4 defense that let him run for the most yards for a quarterback in NFL history. Never been so embarrassed as a Packer backer - and with Green Bay's alleged defense the last few years, that's an awful lot of embarrassment to take into consideration.

MG

#44 ·
An East coast vs West coast, Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Super Bowl? Wouldn't the reporters love that, and wear us out with endless story lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.