27 9.85%
  • Weatherby

2 0.73%
  • Winchester

24 8.76%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on *Hunting* Shotgun(Semi-Auto)*Advice

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Never thought about using a flashlight. It does break down easily. I have considered using a different shell that the Black Cloud but have not tried that yet. I can clean the pump about one a week and fine but the Browing, I have to clean it at least every other day.

Thanks
    I hope that flashlight tip helps you. Also,federal shells are notirious for being dirty and way over priced and over rated, they(black cloud) actually should be cheaper because they left out a step when making the pellets. All pellets have that ring at first,thats what they look like when they are stamped and before they are rolled round but thats a discussion for a different thread. Try Kents,they burn really clean and have patterned great in every overbore gun I've tried them in. I cleaned my Gold before the season started and I cleaned it about two weeks ago. I've run about a case through it so far,all hand loads.No jams.
    I tell y'all a gun thats got my attention is the Berreta A400. My buddy has one and its been flawless and he say it kicks less than any gun he's ever had.He's shot it two seasons.Its got a overbore barrel and the patterns we've shot with it have been pretty good.

I have hunted with my Browning Gold Fusion for the last 6 years and have never had it fail me, even hunting in temps of -10 deg. F. It fits me really well and cycles my shells really well without having to clean it all of the time. I usually give it a good cleaning at the end of season and it is good to go the next season.
    Greg Erickson

Scratchboard Dog Portraits and Wildlife Art
    www.gregoryericksonart.com

Dustin, just buy a damn shotgun!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by grnhd View Post
    I hope that flashlight tip helps you. Also,federal shells are notirious for being dirty and way over priced and over rated, they(black cloud) actually should be cheaper because they left out a step when making the pellets. All pellets have that ring at first,thats what they look like when they are stamped and before they are rolled round but thats a discussion for a different thread. Try Kents,they burn really clean and have patterned great in every overbore gun I've tried them in. I cleaned my Gold before the season started and I cleaned it about two weeks ago. I've run about a case through it so far,all hand loads.No jams.
    I tell y'all a gun thats got my attention is the Berreta A400. My buddy has one and its been flawless and he say it kicks less than any gun he's ever had.He's shot it two seasons.Its got a overbore barrel and the patterns we've shot with it have been pretty good.
    Thanks for the input. I'll save my Black Cloud for the Benelli Pump and try kents with the Browning.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Dustin, just buy a damn shotgun!
    C'mon man, I'm enjoying this!

You hunting in the morning? Seems to be Ducks EVERYWHERE the last couple days. But has been a SLOW year for us.

For years, my go to gun was my 870 Wingmaster. I can still shoot it better than any other gun in the safe. This year, I bought my son a Stoeger 3500. I've taken it hunting a couple of times (while he was away), and I'm going to tell anyone who buys this gun, it's a good gun.....once you replace the factory choke tubes that come with it.

I'm a pretty good shot, so I was getting baffled when I went on a duck hunt and was only knocking down 10% of the birds I shot at. I bought the Carlson choke set, replaced the choke, and it made all the difference in the world. Since then, I've liked it, and so has my boy. It's cheaper than the rest, so I'm not cringing when I hear him rake it across the boat.

Beretta A-400 is truly the softest reliable shooting weapon on the market today. You can adjust the cast and drop which I believe the only other gun that offers that feature is the Vinci. The recoil reduction is a great feature as the gun is light and when you touch off the 3.5 shells it absorbs the recoil very well. The others I have shot hit me like I am standing behind a bee stung mule! Make sure you get a 28-30" barrel as this adds a lot of balance to the gun. It now comes with a camo pattern and the recoil is absorbed in the grip section of the stock. Very smooth. The gun cycles very fast and reliable. Clean up is very easy and fast.
    My next 1400-1500 is going that way.

Love my SBEII, does not like light loads, but is reliable and fits me great, I have always believed in the going into the gun store and handling different ones and the gun that fits you the best is the one you go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    C'mon man, I'm enjoying this!

You hunting in the morning? Seems to be Ducks EVERYWHERE the last couple days. But has been a SLOW year for us.
    Nope, heading to the Fur Fest in Cameron for the day. Will on Sun though but we gots H2O errywhera on the westside.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by PTS View Post
    Love my SBEII, does not like light loads, but is reliable and fits me great, I have always believed in the going into the gun store and handling different ones and the gun that fits you the best is the one you go with.
    Replace spring in butt. Had the same experience but replacing spring & sleeve with stainless steel solved it. Requires heat to get it out though.
    Ray K

SHR Princess Lillian Vl
    SHR Deke of Sunnyburke SH
    HRCH UH Ray's Cotton Pickin' Jake MH, 500 Pt Club, 02-11
    SHR Callie May JH, 98-09
    SR Gus "The Wonder Dog" JH, 91-01