• Remington

27 9.85%
  • Weatherby

2 0.73%
  • Winchester

24 8.76%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on *Hunting* Shotgun(Semi-Auto)*Advice

Benelli SBE II for ducks and geese, Benelli Montefeltro for pheasants, quail, shot flyers and everything else. Reason, they shoot every time, hot, cold, wet, dry, clean, dirty, or filthy and mud caked...every time.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

SBE, seldom cleaned, dumped in the river more than once, keeps shooting. Love mine.
    Mark

Hunted with an SBE II today. Couldn't hit a thing. Every 5th bird I'd take down.

I was 2 for 2 with a guys Browning Gold.

Still haven't got to shoot a Beretta though.

Of course going from almost 20 years of pumping an 870 20 Ga to an in the Blind switch to a 12 Ga shooting 3 1/2's out of a Benelli probably wasn't going to go so well to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Nope, heading to the Fur Fest in Cameron for the day. Will on Sun though but we gots H2O errywhera on the westside.

Friday & Saturday has been the best two days of the season....with only one more week to go though...

i have had my camo SX3 3.5 inch for about two and and a half and have ran about 3500 shells through it and have never had a jam. Shot 1 1/8 oz trap loads to 3.5 BBs for geese, never a hiccup. Easy to clean, points great, takes the cold below zero fahrenheit in Montana, and fits me great. I love everything about it.

The only thing I didn't like was when I first got it the trigger pull was about 6-7 pounds a bit much, I was going to take it to a gunsmith, he told me to put 10 boxes through it, to get the machined parts to wear a little. I did and it is perfect now glad I never jumped the gun on the trigger. As I shot it, it has gotten down to a little under 5 pounds which is good and safe. It comes down to fit, this gun just fits me and points where I look. I killed some ducks this year jump shooting that after I shot and got them, I was like how the heck did I shoot through that brush. I could not have made that shot with my old gun I am sure. Love it, it makes me look good sometimes

I use mod factory choke and Fiocchi #3s on ducks and BBs on geese. I have patterned both of these and they pattern great.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'll save my Black Cloud for the Benelli Pump and try kents with the Browning.
    If your Silver won't cycle, unless you clean it every time you use it, there's a 99% chance that the spring inside your piston is broken.

That's really the only problem with the Silvers, Golds, Maxus, and SX2/3 shotguns.
    There isn't a better 3.5" gas operated shotgun design on the market.
    Last edited by copterdoc; 01-12-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Friday & Saturday has been the best two days of the season....with only one more week to go though...

Dustin, is that a black duck or a mottled duck? looks like a black...
    Bill Davis

I have an extrema 2 and love it. Never jambs and shoots any load any brand. I also bought an explore light for upland and love it also.
    Settyconstruction.com

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Dustin, is that a black duck or a mottled duck? looks like a black...
    Black Duck and HUGE! She dwarfed the Pintail Drake when put side by side on their backs. Pretty sure she was a local bird.

The Teal were new birds. Really skinny with bruised chest.

My Shoulder is hurtin' today though lol Those 3 1/2 Hevi-Shots via the SBE II are paying me back big time. I hunt and shoot clays throughout the season so it's not as if my shoulder is new to shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    My Shoulder is hurtin' today though lol Those 3 1/2 Hevi-Shots via the SBE II are paying me back big time. I hunt and shoot clays throughout the season so it's not as if my shoulder is new to shooting.
    If you want to shoot 3.5"s, go with gas operated vs inertia.