The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Chessie vs lab ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    ........................... The other Chessie that Alan has was running MH at I believe 9 or 10 months. Also a real nice dog.
    Are you SURE about that Otey? WRL

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    I doubt that...she is a female after all. Here is an experiment for you....go ask your wife..."Do you rather I call you by your given name or Fatty?"After you regain consciousness, post up what she said. WRL
    I know what would happen to David if he asked me that, but he is smarter than that!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Are you SURE about that Otey? WRL
    The chessie he was referring to is Punkin and was a SH at 8 months

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer81 View Post
    The chessie he was referring to is Punkin and was a SH at 8 months
    Ah...Punkin. She earned her SH title at 10 1/2 months. I was pretty sure that the youngest MH was a Lab and I think it was 11 months. WRL

I was close.....oops

Running master at 11 months but didn't pass a master until 18 months and 4 more to go till MH.
    It doesn't matter when you run a test just when you pass test. I can run my 1 year old in open it doesn't mean anything unless they earn a ribbon.

agreed......I was just passing on information......That was incorrect.......My bad.....Punkin is a good chessie either way

In 2005 there were 137,867 registered Labs and something like 3,500 Chesapeakes. In 2011 the Lab was #1 in popularity and the Chesapeake was #46. The Chesapeake Bay Retriever is happy with his spot in popularity. They were developed in the good old USA on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay for marketing hunting. The dogs bred today closely resemble the original dogs. Modern Chesapeakes are less aggressive and more trainable. They are still extremely loyal and require a firm pack leader to handle their eager intelligence. A small handful of devoted owners and trainers compete in field trials with the CBR and they have finished 18 dual champion Peakes to date. When last I checked there were close to 100 Master Hunter/Bench Champions with more added each year and there is at least one Grand Champion Master Hunter. The Chesapeake is unique and the breeders who love them have kept them the same dog that can go from the duck blind to the conformation ring. They compete in many venues with success. Most folks who have owned them are sorrowful when they pass and purchase a new puppy to continue the tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    An oldie but goodie:
    Take a Golden to the edge of a cliff and tell it to jump. He says "okay" and jumps.
    Take a Lab to the edge of a cliff and tell it to jump. He says "you sure?" You nod yes and he jumps.
    Take a Chessie to the edge of a cliff and tell it to jump. He says, "okay...you go first."
    The way I heard it, when a thief tries to break into your house:

The Chessie opens the door;
    The Lab opens the door and shows him where the valuables are kept,
    The Golden opens the door, shows him where the valuables are kept, and helps him carry them to the car.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Well said sir
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Puwal View Post
    In 2005 there were 137,867 registered Labs and something like 3,500 Chesapeakes. In 2011 the Lab was #1 in popularity and the Chesapeake was #46. The Chesapeake Bay Retriever is happy with his spot in popularity. They were developed in the good old USA on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay for marketing hunting. The dogs bred today closely resemble the original dogs. Modern Chesapeakes are less aggressive and more trainable. They are still extremely loyal and require a firm pack leader to handle their eager intelligence. A small handful of devoted owners and trainers compete in field trials with the CBR and they have finished 18 dual champion Peakes to date. When last I checked there were close to 100 Master Hunter/Bench Champions with more added each year and there is at least one Grand Champion Master Hunter. The Chesapeake is unique and the breeders who love them have kept them the same dog that can go from the duck blind to the conformation ring. They compete in many venues with success. Most folks who have owned them are sorrowful when they pass and purchase a new puppy to continue the tradition.