The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hinting @ Executive Order For Gun Control

Default Hinting @ Executive Order For Gun Control

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...safety-groups/

How freaking many executive orders do they think they're entitled to???? The arrogant bastard thinks he's god or something.

But it isn't fair that congress can't pass anything because of the GOP.....All these great ideas are getting voted down.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...safety-groups/

How freaking many executive orders do they think they're entitled to???? The arrogant bastard thinks he's god or something.
    No, he thinks the contitution is flawd and hass said so. He thinks the system of checks and balances restrains him from doing what he thinks is best, so he ignores it. I'm sure that if he had his way, there would be no legislature and no courts, just HIM. You only have to look at history to see the result of such thinking to realize what can happen.

Hate to bring up "W" again but if you take a look at that administration,you'll find this is nothing new. I don't like it anymore than you do.

But as I have been saying all along, if gun owners don't make strong effort in keeping guns out of the hands of felons and crazies , then sooner or later the anti-gun lobby is going to get the ear of the public and the politicians. The NRA stance of more guns on the street is not a sufficient answer and more in the way of sanity has got to come out of them. If you want to keep your rights then, you must exercise your responsibilities.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Hate to bring up "W" again but if you take a look at that administration,you'll find this is nothing new. I don't like it anymore than you do.

But as I have been saying all along, if gun owners don't make strong effort in keeping guns out of the hands of felons and crazies , then sooner or later the anti-gun lobby is going to get the ear of the public and the politicians. The NRA stance of more guns on the street is not a sufficient answer and more in the way of sanity has got to come out of them. If you want to keep your rights then, you must exercise your responsibilities.
    Don't say you hate to bring up "W". NOBODY MADE YOU! As, I said the issue is much bigger that gun rights. The issue IS OUR SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT AND OUR CONSTITUTION!

There isnt an Executive Order that can be written to override the Constitution....BUT the current POTUS thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and is going to push things to the Nth letter of the law until he gets stopped by either Congress or the SCOTUS or both....make no mistake he will try, because he has a sympathetic media, a sheeple of an electorate and control of the Senate...he is also on the verge of being able to shape the court with activist jurists...the American public has no one to blame but themselves for letting it get this far
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. My guess is that all he can really do by executive order is make sure that the laws we already have are enforced, just like the NRA has been asking for a while now. I'm sure they can also put up more hoops for us to jump through in order to buy guns and ammo. They can most likely make you take responsibility for keeping your guns safely out of the hands of mentally ill friends and family, in other words - punish you for not being responsible. Not long ago the supreme court ruled on the 2nd amendment and the federal government cannot make laws banning guns. States and local governments can and most likely will however.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I think they expected people to roll over and take any gun laws they passed, because of the high emotions. However with push back from the American people they are having to go with their last resort plan. With executive orders the congress can override or courts can overturn.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Don't say you hate to bring up "W". NOBODY MADE YOU! As, I said the issue is much bigger that gun rights. The issue IS OUR SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT AND OUR CONSTITUTION!
    Sorry to crimp your tighty whities, Cary, but my point is POTUSes of the past have used executive orders for a number of things, W was a past champion at this. It is nothing new. Sometimes they aren't popular. Ask the folks around Kanab, Utah what they think of Bill Clinton's order creating the Escalante-Golden Staircase, N.M.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Sorry to crimp your tighty whities, Cary, but my point is POTUSes of the past have used executive orders for a number of things, W was a past champion at this. It is nothing new. Sometimes they aren't popular. Ask the folks around Kanab, Utah what they think of Bill Clinton's order creating the Escalante-Golden Staircase, N.M.
    I'm with cary, it seemed like you were trying to use "W's" bad behavior to justify Obama's bad behavior.

BTW--When did "W" use executive order to violate the constitution, I forgot when that was...........
    Stan b & Elvis