The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hinting @ Executive Order For Gun Control

From James Madison, Federalist 10

Quote:

No man is allowed to be a judge in his own cause because his interest would certainly bias his judgment, and, not improbably, corrupt his integrity. With equal, nay with greater reason, a body of men are unfit to be both judges and parties at the same time; yet what are many of the most important acts of legislation but so many judicial determinations, not indeed concerning the rights of single persons, but concerning the rights of large bodies of citizens?

And a quote from George Washington.

Circular Letter to the States
    George Washington
    Legislatures, through a long succession of years, are laid open for our use, and their collected wisdom may be happily applied in the Establishment of our forms of Government; the free cultivation of Letters, the unbounded extension of Commerce, the progressive refinement of Manners, the growing liberality of sentiment, and above all, the pure and benign light of Revelation, have had a meliorating influence on mankind and increased the blessings of Society. At this auspicious period,

the United States came into existence as a Nation, and if their Citizens should not be completely free and happy, the fault will be entirely their own.

George Washington, "Circular to the States," June 8, 1783, in W.W. Abbot et al., eds., The Papers of George Washington, 1748–1799
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 01-11-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    Not picking on you, Brad, but the quantity of executive orders is irrelevant. It is the subject and content of those EOs that matter. I could give you extensive, long, and boring details about some of them as I along with many others, were responsible for implementing and complying with them. For example, check out EO 13514. It's a real doozie!

Circumventing congress to write widespread laws that apply to the entire nation will be difficult, if not impossible. However, EOs that pertain to federal government entities that go beyond congressional actions are common. They can place restrictions on federal agencies and force compulsory actions on federal agencies that are far more restrictive than the laws that apply to the public. Again, check out EO 13514. And that's just one example.

fp
    Fp,
    I am in complete agreement with you. The executive order should only be used to make sure existing laws are carried out, not to make new ones IMO A President should NEVER be allowed to weasel his way around Congress. This President thinks that if he dosen't get his way, he can just use this power to do whatever he wants.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Pete : when I say WE, I mean figureatively as in society, NOT YOU singularly.....I blame all of us for voting and not voting....its more metaphorically speaking,not saying any one person is at fault ( QUOTE )

Thanks Bon
    I get it
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Probably wrong thread if so sorry. Unfortunately I think a combination of executive orders and more importantly taxes will prove to be the strategy. Most idiots will not see any problem with this and the cost of recreational shooting will put a large damper on future purchases while not infringing on gun rights. Huge taxes will curb any activity. What a sad road were going down.

Quote Originally Posted by ppro View Post
    Probably wrong thread if so sorry. Unfortunately I think a combination of executive orders and more importantly taxes will prove to be the strategy. Most idiots will not see any problem with this and the cost of recreational shooting will put a large damper on future purchases while not infringing on gun rights. Huge taxes will curb any activity. What a sad road were going down.
    IMO that is EXACTLY the strategy they will use....ammo will be taxed like gasoline or cigarettes..you think a box of 209 primers for your Gun X training pistol is high now, a 5lb canister of powder or a 25lb bag of lead shot will rival the street equivalent of a bag of marijuana...besides a hunting license, I can see a day where there will be some sort of firearms user tax/license...people who are now actively engaged in shooting sports (skeet,trap,sporting clays,IPSC) and similar activities will no longer participate because of the outrageous costs
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    IMO that is EXACTLY the strategy they will use....ammo will be taxed like gasoline or cigarettes..you think a box of 209 primers for your Gun X training pistol is high now, a 5lb canister of powder or a 25lb bag of lead shot will rival the street equivalent of a bag of marijuana...besides a hunting license, I can see a day where there will be some sort of firearms user tax/license...people who are now actively engaged in shooting sports (skeet,trap,sporting clays,IPSC) and similar activities will no longer participate because of the outrageous costs
    And I'm sure that various anti-gun groups and individuals have been working on exactly how to do this taxation over a long period of time.

I know most on the Forum have little use for Rush L, but he threw out an interesting thought yesterday. He didn't believe that the Obamacare law, with its 2200 pages, was a matter of two months of work. He believes progressives have had people tasked with composing such a law over a long period of time ... since Hillary tried health care renovation long ago, I honestly believe he's correct. Why did Congress have to read the bill? Because they did not author it ... it was done for them.

This absolutely would apply to gun control supporters ... I'm sure they've been busy, under the radar, composing the means for instituting their "dream gun laws" ever since the mission began. Too bad gun rights supporters haven't been working as hard on composing the laws that could be used to prevent the tragedies like Newtown. The difference here is between action and reaction.

Seems like the Constitutional-minded Americans are always in the mode of reacting, rather than taking a leadership perspective. Changing that mindset could make a big difference.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry, I listen to Rush and I enjoy it... Proud of who I am... Anyone doesn't like it, that's their problem not mine.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    And I'm sure that various anti-gun groups and individuals have been working on exactly how to do this taxation over a long period of time.

I know most on the Forum have little use for Rush L, but he threw out an interesting thought yesterday. He didn't believe that the Obamacare law, with its 2200 pages, was a matter of two months of work. He believes progressives have had people tasked with composing such a law over a long period of time ... since Hillary tried health care renovation long ago, I honestly believe he's correct. Why did Congress have to read the bill? Because they did not author it ... it was done for them.

This absolutely would apply to gun control supporters ... I'm sure they've been busy, under the radar, composing the means for instituting their "dream gun laws" ever since the mission began. Too bad gun rights supporters haven't been working as hard on composing the laws that could be used to prevent the tragedies like Newtown. The difference here is between action and reaction.

Seems like the Constitutional-minded Americans are always in the mode of reacting, rather than taking a leadership perspective. Changing that mindset could make a big difference.

Small arms treaty act..
    and Oas treaty. (http://www.davekopel.com/2a/Mags/oas-treaty.htm)
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 01-11-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

"In modern usage, the term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power, especially the power to make laws without effective restraint by a legislative assembly[citation needed]. Dictatorships are often characterized by some of the following traits: suspension of elections and of civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents without abiding by rule of law procedures; these include single-party state, and cult of personality". - Wiki
    Brian Caudle
    Marriner's Lady Piper of Coratank "Piper" JH

Is it true that they are trying to sneak through a repeal of presidential term limits ? I mean to plant it into another bill so soerto gets to be president for life . I'm faily sure he would be re elected numerous times , since we can't figure out how to beat him.Very scary.