The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hinting @ Executive Order For Gun Control

W didnt use executive order to trample the constitution, he just got the patriot act passed which did a pretty good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Sorry to crimp your tighty whities, Cary, but my point is POTUSes of the past have used executive orders for a number of things, W was a past champion at this. It is nothing new. Sometimes they aren't popular. Ask the folks around Kanab, Utah what they think of Bill Clinton's order creating the Escalante-Golden Staircase, N.M.
    Zeus has no idea what color underware I wear. He may know the color underware of some other guy, BUT HE HAS NO IDEA OF THE COLOR OF MINE!! The last thing I need to do is to defend W because HE IS NOT PRESIDENT NOW!! Your point is to change the point, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...safety-groups/

How freaking many executive orders do they think they're entitled to???? The arrogant bastard thinks he's god or something.
    According to Buzz, that would be the arrogant B...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Not long ago the supreme court ruled on the 2nd amendment and the federal government cannot make laws banning guns. States and local governments can and most likely will however.

Wasn't McDonald a ruling against Illinois? Essentially saying the 2nd Amendment did apply to the states?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It will be interesting to see what they come up with. My guess is that all he can really do by executive order is make sure that the laws we already have are enforced, just like the NRA has been asking for a while now. I'm sure they can also put up more hoops for us to jump through in order to buy guns and ammo. They can most likely make you take responsibility for keeping your guns safely out of the hands of mentally ill friends and family, in other words - punish you for not being responsible. Not long ago the supreme court ruled on the 2nd amendment and the federal government cannot make laws banning guns. States and local governments can and most likely will however.
    Right... Just like he makes sure the current laws regarding illegal immigration, illegal drug use, gun walking across the border, etc...etc... are enforced. I'm sure that's a TOP PRIORITY for this POTUS.
    Bill Davis

Now show us the list from Obama
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Now show us the list from Obama
    Not enough bandwidth!!!!

Anyways, back to using one poor behavior to justify another.
    You know...."HhHHHhEeEEeeeEEeSSsSSsstTTttTTtAAaaAaaRRR rrRrrtTtTTTttEEeeEedDddDdIIIiiIiiTTttTtt!!!!"

It's just the way they roll............
    Stan b & Elvis

I looked over the list and I must admit some I have no idea as to what they pertain. However I did not see any that would be defined as MAKING LAW. They appeared to be administrative changes TO CARRY OUT THE LAW. There is a big difference. If the President were to make such changes to more efficiently carry out the law, I have no problem. If they were to define what an assault weapon is AND THEN OUTLAWED THEM then I would consider that as making law. Big difference.

I think in in my original statement that I was not a fan of executive orders to accomplish things that the Congress should otherwise do. I'm just saying it ain't new. I suspect this is more threat than promise to get Congress to jump.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!