The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hinting @ Executive Order For Gun Control

Last edited by zeus3925; 01-10-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Obama, so far, is on par with recent presidents in regards to executive orders with 144 over 4 years. GWB had 291 over 8 years, Clinton 364 in the same time, GHB had 166 over 4 years and Regan with 381 over his 8 years.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Now show us the list from Obama
    didn't have time to look it up. i was reading over this list trying to find where Bush infringed on the rights of over 20 million law abiding citizens for his own political agenda.

Now show us the list from Obama
    didn't have time during lunch to look it up. i spent part of the time trying to find where W infringed on the RIGHT of over 20 million law abiding citizens for his own political agenda. Sorry
    FYI, i couldn't find it

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    didn't have time during lunch to look it up. i spent part of the time trying to find where W infringed on the RIGHT of over 20 million law abiding citizens for his own political agenda. Sorry
    FYI, i couldn't find it
    Ah... fresh liberal meat for us heathens...
    Bill Davis

Ah... fresh liberal meat for us heathens...
    Um, I'm not sure, but I think that you are misinterpreting aandw's position.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Um, I'm not sure, but I think that you are misinterpreting aandw's position.
    You might be right... Wouldn't be the first time and probably won't be the last. If so, sorry to aandw!
    Bill Davis

...he is also on the verge of being able to shape the court with activist jurists...the American public has no one to blame but themselves for letting it get this far
    What was it that you did or did not do to cause this mess.? Assuming ytou are part of the american public.
    I'm not being smart here. Just trying to understand why you continue to think its my fault.
    I didn't vote for any of them and I'm talking decades.
    I go to work every day so I don't have to burden society
    I don't have time or the inclination to run for office or control someones life
    The list is endless why its not my fault.
    I guess I am guilty of letting them take my money so they can add fat to their bureaucracy.
    Pete

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What was it that you did or did not do to cause this mess.? Assuming ytou are part of the american public.
    I'm not being smart here. Just trying to understand why you continue to think its my fault.
    I didn't vote for any of them and I'm talking decades.
    I go to work every day so I don't have to burden society
    I don't have time or the inclination to run for office or control someones life
    The list is endless why its not my fault.
    I guess I am guilty of letting them take my money so they can add fat to their bureaucracy.
    Pete

Pete
    Pete : when I say WE, I mean figureatively as in society, NOT YOU singularly.....I blame all of us for voting and not voting....its more metaphorically speaking,not saying any one person is at fault
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Obama, so far, is on par with recent presidents in regards to executive orders with 144 over 4 years. GWB had 291 over 8 years, Clinton 364 in the same time, GHB had 166 over 4 years and Regan with 381 over his 8 years.
    Not picking on you, Brad, but the quantity of executive orders is irrelevant. It is the subject and content of those EOs that matter. I could give you extensive, long, and boring details about some of them as I along with many others, were responsible for implementing and complying with them. For example, check out EO 13514. It's a real doozie!

Circumventing congress to write widespread laws that apply to the entire nation will be difficult, if not impossible. However, EOs that pertain to federal government entities that go beyond congressional actions are common. They can place restrictions on federal agencies and force compulsory actions on federal agencies that are far more restrictive than the laws that apply to the public. Again, check out EO 13514. And that's just one example.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth