The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glen Beck Is NOT A Libertarian !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Well i doubt he will ditch it because there are too many people who vote for party and not policy. The biggest problems i have with the republican party right now is their need of constant unwinnable wars, moral policing of the bedroom, and supporting warrantless searches, siezures, and killings of american citizens. Call me crazy but the Federal Govt should not be doing any of this stuff.
    Very good points. I've always been bothered by the growing trend of the GOP to be in lock step with the dictates of the religious right. You simply cannot legislate morality. What bothers me even more is the great dumbing down of America, which has proven fertile ground for the current 2-party monopoly. I think Romney was wrong about the 47 percent; it's obvious that over 50 percent vote single-issue because they don't know any better.

We know that the path to politcal clout and reform is a three pronged stratergy. The first two is in influencing and promoting the platform through the exsisting two monopoly parties. The third is in building a bigger LP. As the third happens, more of the first two will drop their Repub and Dem affiliations.

Oh and Franco, I think the LP should adopt a proven successful strategy: promise them not only cell phones, but weed and amnesty for themselves and all their relatives. LOL. That should garner a good number of the single issue voting public's support!
    Last edited by Julie R.; 01-11-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

I think it is funny that the GOP has the religious right in their palm so much, that they could choose a mormon which is considered a heretical cult to most christians, and still get their vote. The GOP is at a tipping point, they can go with Christie et al and become the "big government, irresponsible spending, moral police" or go with folks like Amash and Paul and become the party of "Limited government, states rights, responsible spending". Whenever i explain to folks the advantages of a small federal government with a powerful state govt, they think its great. Oh, you are gay and want to get married, move to a state that allows it, oh you want to have an abortion, move to a state that allows it. This was never taught in me during my school years and is no surprise coming from the same teachers that thought whenever there was a vacancy in the Trinity, lincoln should fill it. The more uneducated voters are, the more likely they are to vote themselves into slavery

The one issue voter is a problem and the reason we have the government we have. Most tend to gravitate to the more sensational and social issues when the biggest afront to our freedom is in the destruction of our economy via crony capitalism and speacial interest supported by both the Dems and the Repubs and financed by the Fed Reserve.

http://www.lp.org/issues
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org