The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glen Beck Is NOT A Libertarian !!!

All you "libertarians" are talking a good game now... how come you can't put up a candidate that didn't walk right off a spaceship from Mars? Come on... I you didn't have a bunch of fruitloops running around maybe some would actually listen to your message.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You just contradicted yourself...if you could care less about a Party then it doesnt matter whether you are Republican, Democrat or Libertarian...the only time it really matters what party you belong to is if your state holds a closed primary....we get so caught up in trying to label each other...There are some Dem's on this board who I have similar views...there are some Repub's that I have almost nothing in common...As I stated on another thread, it makes very little difference to me what party you affiliate yourself with, its how you align yourself and who you align yourself with that separates us

If you want me to take notice of the Libertarian party then lets see some name politicians leave the Republican Party and run as a Libertarian...You just don't get it! We don't want big named repubs in the Libertarian Party. They are a big part of the problem we have today. Just look at this last piece of legislation they passed laden with pork/earmarks. its like the Tea Party, many candidates want to wrap themselves in the flag and warmth of the Tea Party, but when it gets down and dirty they run as a Republican....Though there are nine Congressmen who call themselves Libertarian Repubs, we currently have to deal with a two party monopoly Why else do you think Jim DeMint left the Senate ? possibly because the Tea Party darling could only get so much support, but when it came to legislation and votes, there are still just two major sides Don't confuse the Teas with the Libertarians!

My responces in red.

Four years ago the LP was not organized in all 50 states like it is today. The state organizatiosn are putting up L candidates for state offices as well as looking at National offices. There is growing dissatisfaction with the Repub Party as well as the Dems. It is clear to many that they are there to serve the Special Interest and not the people! That is why we have the problems we do today and to think they will reform is like asking a a leopard to change spots.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-11-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I think the libertarian leaning candidates have been great, but the media marginalizes them as "that crazy old man" or "that person that just wants to smoke weed", just as they marginalize social conservatives by saying they hate women and gays. Congratulations for buying into their portrayal on libertarians just as the majority of americans bought into the conservative portayal this last election season.

And Bon, DeMint would have barely even needed to campaign to get re elected. He had plenty of votes and was leading folks in SC to a more libertarian mindset. Lindsey graham better watch out for his seat next time he is up for re election.

You don't want big name republicans, well then I guess you don't want Rand Paul....he ran under the flag and support of the TEA Party in Kentucky....now you get him to leave the R Party and you got something

and someone calling themselves Libertarian Republicans is no different than someone calling themselves Tea Party Republicans...they are still Republicans but with an emphasis on a different wing of the party
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You don't want big name republicans, well then I guess you don't want Rand Paul....he ran under the flag and support of the TEA Party in Kentucky....now you get him to leave the R Party and you got something

and someone calling themselves Libertarian Republicans is no different than someone calling themselves Tea Party Republicans...they are still Republicans but with an emphasis on a different wing of the party
    I have never heard Rand Paul identify himself as a Libertarian Republican.
    Bill Davis

I havent heard him call himself that, but i have seen him act that way in his voting record and that is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I havent heard him call himself that, but i have seen him act that way in his voting record and that is what matters.
    You just keep on thinking that and let me know when he ditches the R's to come run as an L.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    All you "libertarians" are talking a good game now... how come you can't put up a candidate that didn't walk right off a spaceship from Mars? Come on... I you didn't have a bunch of fruitloops running around maybe some would actually listen to your message.
    Here is one of your Libertarian Fruitloops. He was kicked off of the Budget Committee by Boehner because he wanted to propose a balanced Budget!

http://www.facebook.com/libertarianrepublicans

Bon, Rand Paul is a Freshman Senator that is widely rejected by the Repub bigshots. Rand is already a Libertarian but ran as a Repub because of the two party monopoly!
    Last edited by Franco; 01-11-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You just keep on thinking that and let me know when he ditches the R's to come run as an L.
    Well i doubt he will ditch it because there are too many people who vote for party and not policy. The biggest problems i have with the republican party right now is their need of constant unwinnable wars, moral policing of the bedroom, and supporting warrantless searches, siezures, and killings of american citizens. Call me crazy but the Federal Govt should not be doing any of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Well i doubt he will ditch it because there are too many people who vote for party and not policy. The biggest problems i have with the republican party right now is their need of constant unwinnable wars, moral policing of the bedroom, and supporting warrantless searches, siezures, and killings of american citizens. Call me crazy but the Federal Govt should not be doing any of this stuff.
    Bingo!

I am a dues paying member of a national organization known as the Liberty Pack. Our agenda is to promote any candidate, no matter which party they are affiliated with that represents the ideals and platform of the Libertarian party. We know that the path to politcal clout and reform is a three pronged stratergy. The first two is in influencing and promoting the platform through the exsisting two monopoly parties. The third is in building a bigger LP. As the third happens, more of the first two will drop their Repub and Dem affiliations.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-11-2013 at 11:03 AM.