RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

website development

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  runnindawgz 
#1 ·
Any good suggestions with retriever website development? I'm wanting to create a website for my retrievers and their accomplishments

#2 ·
So, what do you want the site to be for? Do you want it to be a commercial site, advertising your kennel or services? Or just a brag site, so friends and family can keep track of where you are all the time :) ?

The options that are out there are different, depending on what you expect from the site. If you're just building something to record what your dogs have done, there are a lot of free website software sites.

If you're looking to build a site that you want to be found by people searching for retriever breeders or trainers, that's a different beast with a lot more bells and whistles required.

#3 ·
It would be a combo of the two: a brag site as well as to advertise an occasional litter and to advertise stud services from a really nice looking, well-bred chocolate that is 9-9 in Finished hunt tests, 6-6 in Master hunt tests and won qualifying event at 2 years old.

#8 ·
I have a wordpress site and it really works well for me. Easy to update and keep current which is the downfall of a lot of websites. I think you can even do free ones that would be like "mylabs.wordpress.com". I use hostgator as a host and I think that I paid for three years and it ended up costing like $3.95/month for the hosting.

#10 ·
I second Weebly. It is one of the cheaper website builders that is truly easy to use. It has options for photo albums, videos, fillable forms, PayPal.

#12 ·
I used Dreamweaver MX to build mine. Expensive software but it is a breeze to build and manage my site. swiftcreeklabs.com I have yet to add flash content to it. You can do slide shows/video with sound as well. I use Photoshop and Fireworks to edit photos for the site. I am self taught and have built and manage several sites. There are lots of tutorials on the web for using Dreamweaver. I built my first site using Microsoft Publisher. CNET has lots of free software and is a safe site to download from.

#13 ·
We use citymax.com

$250 year but offers a LOT and can be as simple or as complex and you decide to make it... Easy to follow do it yourself type site with great customer support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.