The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Social Issues

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Really, with all the public shooting in recent years, no one imagined a tragedy like that? Doesn't say much for the public in general. Time for the Republicans to step up to the plate.
    Yes REALLY...would gun control have stopped Newton ? the guns were purchased legally,how are you going to stop a mother who was indulging her son by exposing him to those guns, ones that in his demented mind he had no trouble accessing..What law did she break...had she not been a victim would she have been held liable for all the carnage her son caused..Gun control would not have stopped Newton, not stopped Aurora...you got people not playing with a full deck upstairs getting access to guns...heck there are people passing CCW classes that I may not believe should carry a gun, but I dont get to make that choice, when someone gets a gun how does one know what is in their heart of hearts and their intent to do harm
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Yes REALLY...would gun control have stopped Newton ? the guns were purchased legally,how are you going to stop a mother who was indulging her son by exposing him to those guns, ones that in his demented mind he had no trouble accessing..What law did she break...had she not been a victim would she have been held liable for all the carnage her son caused..Gun control would not have stopped Newton, not stopped Aurora...you got people not playing with a full deck upstairs getting access to guns...heck there are people passing CCW classes that I may not believe should carry a gun, but I dont get to make that choice, when someone gets a gun how does one know what is in their heart of hearts and their intent to do harm
    Bon, I am saying its time for Republicans to stop running candidates in favor of gun control.

Bon, I am saying its time for Republicans to stop running candidates in favor of gun control.

True , but the ones that were pro gun didnt make it past the early rounds of the primaries, some of which I preferred...so whats the solution...adopt a platform first and then see who wants to back it up...I agree that Mitt was not the BEST of candidates...but he was a good man, and his pro gun stance from his Mass days did not come into play in the grand scheme of things

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

True , but the ones that were pro gun didnt make it past the early rounds of the primaries, some of which I preferred...so whats the solution...adopt a platform first and then see who wants to back it up...I agree that Mitt was not the BEST of candidates...but he was a good man, and his pro gun stance from his Mass days did not come into play in the grand scheme of things
    Yes, adopt a platform and see who backs it up with words AND BY THEIR PREVIOUS ACTIONS.

Yes, adopt a platform and see who backs it up with words AND BY THEIR PREVIOUS ACTIONS.
    But we played that game already....the primary process hung every candidates misstep and past history around their necks like an anchor...Everyone was so quick to point out how candidate A-B-or C voted on issue XYZ when they were a legislator or governor or county dog catcher...and then we wonder why candidates are so reluctant to take a stance on any issue

You want to talk Gun Control? Let's talk about Chicago... they (and they whole state of IL) have some pretty tough gun control laws... Over 500 murders last year in the city of Chicago alone. That's Newtown all over about every three weeks.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    As a Virginia resident (and graduate of a fairly well-known university, the University of Virginia) I confess I've never heard of Quinnipiac University. That's the first red flag for this poll's validity. Second is that my state is inevitably included as home to gun-toting bible thumping religious right extremists so of course it would make an ideal location for a poll promoting anti gun laws. In truth, I'd be willing to bet money the majority of those polled were come-heres, not from heres. We have a lot of those, mostly Obama sheep.
    It a very liberal college in CT. Been known for decades as a left wing nut case.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Quinnipiac University is in Hamden, Ct. It's not very far from Sandy Hook, Ct.-Paul
    And it has always been known for being very left wing nutty. It's a liberal arts college. When I was looking at colleges circa 1980 they didn't offer any real degrees.Just a bunch of waste your money liberal BS for a ton of money.

In keeping with the theme of the OP, I thought it was worth noting that both parties ran gun control freaks and that is hardly irrelevant in this discussion. I do believe it is a fair question to ask democratic voters their thoughts on gun control in the mid terms, I believe it would be a better question to ask republican voters the same question. Gun Control policy was absolutely abandoned by the Republican party in the last election, I hope they come around in the mid-terms.
    Maybe but Romney was the lesser of two evils. Anything was better than Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Quinnipiac University is in Hamden, Ct. It's not very far from Sandy Hook, Ct.-Paul
    That would be Newtown CT. No such legal place as Sandy Hook, CT.