The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: FOUND Fairly well trained dog in W.Georgia

Default FOUND Fairly well trained dog in W.Georgia

TRAINED DOG FOUND WEST GEORGIA
    Please contact Kristie Wilder at kristie@lifeislabs.org if you are familiar with this dog.
    Approx 75# black lab female. Intact, approx 6-7 yrs. Doesn't appear to have been previously bred as best can tell.
    Found as a stray in Douglas County, GA approximately 20 mi west of Atlanta.
    Very well-behaved. Apparently crate trained. Loads up on dog truck excitedly. Went insane when showed a bumper. Appears to be force fetched, will sit and snatch bumper at eye level when told fetch. Will also pick up bumper off ground when told fetch. Knows heel and jumps and flips into a sit when told to heel. Can do left and right overs on a remote sit mini tee -- haven't tried anything else yet. Steady as a rock. We don't know her name and she will not go until we've tried everything and jump out and say ok. But she will release on her overs. Just knows too much and looks to good to not be someone's recently lost dog. Would be shocked to find out someone just didn't want her.
    We have incoming adoption applications on her, but she is in quarantine for another few days and we want to make a strong effort to locate her owner. We've searched online forums, shared her youtube video. We have done a full-body scan for a chip. Would love to reunite her with a wonderful owner that's missing her if at all possible...
    She had been in our local shelter since at least early December.
    Video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sibln...DH6xsGOTmaB2xg
    At end of video I'm asking her to sit in front of me so I can try some right overs, but she wants to flip to heel. I ran out of room on my iphone to film more. And, yes, that is a stick. It's all I had with me at the time. - Kristie
    Please email kristie@lifeislabs.org and share with friends
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Iwill get the word out and see what we can find! Thanks!

Its hard to believe a dog like that has not been chipped...
    Last edited by chuck187; 01-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    HRCH UR01 CH UNJ WHISKEY CREEK'S DUKE CHASCERI MH
    Cherokee Foothills HRC

Quote Originally Posted by chuck187 View Post
    Sounds like a dog like that may have been chipped....
    It says they did a full body scan and found nothing
    Bill Davis

We have posted this on a couple of websites and on face book. Hopeful we can find the owner! If not call me, I will take it...............giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    This was posted on Facebook today. I forwarded this RTF thread to the people who posted it. Does this sound like the same dog possibly?...

"My father lost his BEST FRIEND/service dog yesterday January 9, 2013 in Commerce, GA on 441 at the I-85 exit. Specifically, he lost her between Five Guys burger...s and the bridge/light at I-85. She is a black lab mix (but looks like a lab) and about 80 pounds. VERY friendly and intelligent - we desperately need to get her home, so any information is GREATLY appreciated. My dad is offering a $500 reward for her return! "
    Probably not the same one. Commerce is between 60-80 miles from where this dog was found

I just deleted that post. The dates show the dog that Kristie has has been lost since December. The other one was just lost yesterday.

This is the other one,in case anybody spots it...
    "My father lost his BEST FRIEND/service dog yesterday January 9, 2013 in Commerce, GA on 441 at the I-85 exit. Specifically, he lost her between Five Guys burger...s and the bridge/light at I-85. She is a black lab mix (but looks like a lab) and about 80 pounds. VERY friendly and intelligent - we desperately need to get her home, so any information is GREATLY appreciated. My dad is offering a $500 reward for her return! "

https://www.facebook.com/LostPwsFinder?fref=ts

www.facebook.com/findingbelladog

www.craigslist.com advertise under lost/found and pets.

as well as contacting humane society, animal control (most have facebook pages where you can place a lost ad and picture) and contact vets in your area. Flyers posted in as many places as possible.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 01-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    I just deleted that post. The dates show the dog that Kristie has has been lost since December. The other one was just lost yesterday.

This is the other one,in case anybody spots it...
    This dog has been found.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )