The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Taft,CA shooting means

Default Taft,CA shooting means

We should add shotguns to the banned list. There was a cop assigned to the school but he was snowed in...Bet he is having a hell of a day.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    We should add shotguns to the banned list. There was a cop assigned to the school but he was snowed in...Bet he is having a hell of a day.
    Prime example of why teacher should be allowed to concealed carry. Luckily two teachers talked this kid down...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Prime example of why teacher should be allowed to concealed carry. Luckily two teachers talked this kid down...
    Sadly he was only talked down after shooting a kid and the teacher caught a BB to the face according to the news. CCW and he would have been down when he walked thru the door with the gun.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

I know... Just saying that the teachers at least kept it from being worse. But the current policy is so stupid because the one guy that could have done something was not even there. Even if he was, what if was in the John or something?
    Bill Davis

I am wondering why when he called in snowed in they did not send a different officer over to the school for the day. When I was in High school we had a School resource officer, he was not a young quick in shape guy, but he did have a Sig on his side. Any cop could have and should have covered his shift. I wonder if the kid knew he wasn't there and that is why he did it that day. It was after first period I think so he could have checked first.

was he using a Saiga "tactical style" shotgun or a Remington Wingmaster....you see it doesnt matter...and the reason its not first and foremost on the news this morning...because it doesnt fit the narrative for the media..there isnt a body count (thank goodness) and the style weapon doesnt support the current hysteria...but God forbid had the punk carried a "street sweeper" onto campus and started unloading 00 buck shot into the classrooms the media would be all over it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

That is what is odd, it was on the news as it happened then I had to search to find details on it. It was a mere blurb on the 10oclock news and they jsut said no one was killed and he was stopped without the use of a gun to stop him.

not enough bloodshed for their ratings
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=w0o7YgiTFm4
    Above is a video link by a local retailer. It is a very interesting point of view on the difference between a shotgun and an AR. It is directed to the “un-informed” elected officials.

I grew up in one of the towns near Newtown. Back then and I bet still today a shotgun and enough shells would have done a ton of damage since the small police force just waits for state backup even when they were told an event would likely happen.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI