RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2013 derby dogs

21K views 61 replies 40 participants last post by  Doghim 
#1 ·
Who has one? Who's your best guess of some of the dogs that will shine this year?

#4 ·
I have one...ages out 8/30.

#6 ·
Planning on 2014, my little girl is only 14 weeks.

#27 ·
we have been warned, we will "watch out" on ee and go somewhere else;-)

other than kip's threatening jesture, this is the biggest sandbaggin' deal i ever read!

2013 high point derby list

1)the dog that gets 23 points in four outings

2)kip 1

3)kip 2

4)still up for grabs

#16 ·
WBF very nice.

I have two. One just got through housebreaking. The other is still pissing in the house. But there is potential. Especially since we got a steam mop.

#20 ·
I got one laying around that might get to run some in the fall. She hed had next to no water water work so she may not be much of a dog at all. Time will tell. Got a feeling I'll be coming back for more.

#23 ·
We have a 21 month old and she got a JAM her in her only derby so far. She is looking good. She will be up against three of her litter mates this spring. Should be great fun.

She is out of FC AFC Hardscrabbles Powder My Buns x FC CFC CAFC MNH Taylorlabs Sugar and Spice.

#37 ·
I have a fairly nice one. I'm strongly considering NOT running her.

#39 ·
There are a couple in our last year's litter that should be pretty strong. Here is one when she was 5 1/2 months old at about 130 yards. She's now 13 months old and pinning 350 yard memory birds on water. Unfortunately I decided to turn on the video on this one after she had pinned the 5 previous marks...she had a nice little (relatively) diciplined hunt on this one. 2 others out of the same litter will be running spring derbies too!
http://youtu.be/gW0_FUGCEB0

#40 ·
I know of 3 Jake kids that will be hitting Derbys hard this spring. Can't wait to see how they all do!

#41 ·
I'm picking up a pup this weekend from Frank Purdy that will be my first go at derbies. She is out of FC Drake's Bay Parting Of The Sea..."Moses" and Oldsquaw's Miss Darla...She was 2011's #3 derby dog with 51 points. Excited to see how it goes!

#43 ·
This fall Ace may make a debut with me, he is just getting through force fetch before force he was doing 100-150 yard marks with ease hopefully I don't screw him up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.