RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Please join me in Welcoming a Special New RTF Sponsor

12K views 55 replies 55 participants last post by  3blackdogs 
#1 ·
This is not the first time Mr. Baker has done this. But it is one of the most widely-known retriever losses. RTF members pulled together law enforcement, TV and Radio media connections, all to get some resolution in the disappearance of Boz, a 10 year old labrador, taken from his owner's dog truck in a hotel parking lot at night.

While Boz was not recovered alive, the culprit was caught and is being dealt with in our justice system.

Mr. Baker, aka, the "Gooser", offered up one of his true pieces of art - a handmade, dovetail-jointed urn. Here's Mike's Spalted maple with contrasting black walnut gift to Jamie Arthur. This can never bring Boz back, but it is an example of the kind of generosity that exists among the majority of RTF users - GOOD folks who want to pay it forward.

MooseGooser's woodworking business is the latest new sponsor on the RTF site. His banner will be appearing in the future.

Welcome Mike Baker and the Moosegooser Woodwork crew to RTF!

See less See more
#27 ·
Just not enough of this kind of stuff going on now a days.....Thanks for doing your part Gooser!

Wally

#29 ·
Mr Baker, you are a very kind and generous soul and the show the true spirit of RTF!

#36 ·
Beautiful work, Mr. Baker. Your heart and soul show in your craftsmanship and your random acts of kindness!

#43 ·
Wow! That is absolutely beautiful - and what a lovely thing to do for Jamie Arthur.

#49 ·
Michael is both an introvert and extrovert at the same time. He would do anything for anyone that deserves help but, shys away from accepting praise. I think this thread is such a great compliment to him and his wood working but, I know the notoriety of it makes him nervous :) Just remember a few Baker mottos that we try to live by:

Pay it Forward.
Do Right - even when no one is looking.
"Empathy brings out ones true soul."

#51 ·
Gooser is THE MAN! Beautiful work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.