RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Please join me in Welcoming a Special New RTF Sponsor

12K views 55 replies 55 participants last post by  3blackdogs 
#1 ·
This is not the first time Mr. Baker has done this. But it is one of the most widely-known retriever losses. RTF members pulled together law enforcement, TV and Radio media connections, all to get some resolution in the disappearance of Boz, a 10 year old labrador, taken from his owner's dog truck in a hotel parking lot at night.

While Boz was not recovered alive, the culprit was caught and is being dealt with in our justice system.

Mr. Baker, aka, the "Gooser", offered up one of his true pieces of art - a handmade, dovetail-jointed urn. Here's Mike's Spalted maple with contrasting black walnut gift to Jamie Arthur. This can never bring Boz back, but it is an example of the kind of generosity that exists among the majority of RTF users - GOOD folks who want to pay it forward.

MooseGooser's woodworking business is the latest new sponsor on the RTF site. His banner will be appearing in the future.

Welcome Mike Baker and the Moosegooser Woodwork crew to RTF!

See less See more
#12 ·
Very nice!

#15 ·
Gooser my hat is off to you and your wife. You are great examples of my definition of "JUST GOOD THOUGHTFUL FOLKS"

#20 ·
Wonderful....

Thats a beautiful final resting place. What a work of art. RIP Boz...

#22 ·
Thank You Mike for representing THE BEST of RTF !! You are very kind! and thank you Chris for the sponsorship of Mike

#23 ·
Wow, Gooser, what a beautiful piece of woodwork! And what a nice thing to do for Boz and his owners. You rock!

#24 ·
Thank You All for the kind words.

This Urn is a gift to Jamie in rememberance of Boz from all of us here at RTF..

It will be shipped to Jamie early this week, along with a card and a signature of RTF..

Jamie and Boz's story were unbelievable to say the least. We cant let evil bring us down.
Thanks to all RTF folks who I have done work in the past for,, and with their offers to "pay it forward".
I am very pround to be a part of this fine group of people.. You all amaze me.!

Thanks again,,

Gooser

P.S.

Working on a Banner!!:):) Theres not much string on a thong, Ya know it?
:):)

#26 ·
Having been on the receiving end of one of Gooser's remarkable works in wood (along with the engraved plate for my Trio courtesy of Gooser and Mrs. Gooser), I can truly say that the urn is a blessing and will be forever cherished.

I'm proud to say I know these 2 thoughtful people (even though I have never met them in person) and I consider them true friends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.