The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

First off hello and thank you for being here. My name is Shayne and currently have a 12yr yellow female Mailei and a 11month chocolate pup Roux. The old girl is retired and the new pup is filling her shoes and more, we hunt only and have never run test.

Pup and I have been training since the day he's been home at 7 weeks utilizing the Pat Nolan training retriever puppies method until the time we could transition into Duck Dog Basics 1. We utilized Duck Dog Basics until he was 4-5 months old to the point of FF. Roux then went off to the trainer and returned at 7 months. I took him back for a week to clean up some marking ehen he was 9 months.

He is now 11 months and is in his first season, I love watching him work it brings suck joy. Roux hunts out of a dog blind, stand or dog box depending on situation but mostly dog blind at my rice club. He marks well, steady in the blind, delivers cleanly to hand and has been a joy to hunt with.

I love training with Roux and watching his progress. We are currently on Duck Dog Basics 2 to the point of back pile about 75yds out and hoping to keep progressing.

I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to jump in with some questions for a later post. Great site with some great people who seem very informed, I look forward to talking with you all.

When I figure out the photo and video thingy I will post some of the kids.

Welcome aboard Flush.

Welcome!!! have fun, and enjoy the ride.
    Dave Hare
    CFC-CAFC Maralan's C.E.O.
    Horsetooth's Otto Know 2012 National Derby List
    Berkshire's Bad Medicine Doc
    R.I P-Hard Labs Fast Lane Phred-SH
    R.I.P-Catalina's Curve Ball
    R.I.P-Klondike's Chocolate Charger-MH 4 Time Ducks Unlimited Retriever of the year MN.
    www.berkshireretrievers.com

Welcome, You seem to be on the right track. ENJOY THE RIDE!
    Wizardrheas Roxtar MH (Roxie)
    Hibrass' She's Gotcha All Choked Up (Briley) Born 12/14/2013
    Sophie ( Bed Bug Detection Beagle)
    Mariah's Sunshine Tess (3-30-2000 / 8-10-2012) RIP Old Girl

This isn't a social event!!! Get a dog on the line!!

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Welcome to RTF. Lots of good info on here and some GDG also. Sounds like you have a nice dog in the making.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Default Hello Pt. 2 with pics

First off hello and thank you for being here. My name is Shayne and currently have a 12yr yellow female Mailei and a 11month chocolate pup Roux. The old girl is retired and the new pup is filling her shoes and more, we hunt only and have never run test.

Pup and I have been training since the day he's been home at 7 weeks utilizing the Pat Nolan training retriever puppies method until the time we could transition into Duck Dog Basics 1. We utilized Duck Dog Basics until he was 4-5 months old to the point of FF. Roux then went off to the trainer and returned at 7 months. I took him back for a week to clean up some marking ehen he was 9 months.

He is now 11 months and is in his first season, I love watching him work it brings suck joy. Roux hunts out of a dog blind, stand or dog box depending on situation but mostly dog blind at my rice club. He marks well, steady in the blind, delivers cleanly to hand and has been a joy to hunt with.

I love training with Roux and watching his progress. We are currently on Duck Dog Basics 2 to the point of back pile about 75yds out and hoping to keep progressing.

I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to jump in with some questions for a later post. Great site with some great people who seem very informed, I look forward to talking with you all.

When I figure out the photo and video thingy I will post some of the kids.

Sorry this took so long but here are a couple pics of Roux.

Welcome!!!!
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX