The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Recommendation for Wisconsin Trainer March 2013

Default Need Recommendation for Wisconsin Trainer March 2013

I'm looking for a recommendation for a Wisconsin based trainer for my 9 month female lab. We'll be spending March in AZ and no dogs are allowed. So it will be a good chance for my pup to learn from a pro and both undo the faults I've created and take her to a new level. I live just north of Milwaukee.

Thanks

Jchristi

Quote Originally Posted by jchristi View Post
    I'm looking for a recommendation for a Wisconsin based trainer for my 9 month female lab. We'll be spending March in AZ and no dogs are allowed. So it will be a good chance for my pup to learn from a pro and both undo the faults I've created and take her to a new level. I live just north of Milwaukee.

Thanks

Jchristi
    Layne Fohr
    Copper Hill Retrievers
    Ixonia, WI

Excellent facility, outstanding up and coming trainer.
    (920) 918-2838 cell
    Stan b & Elvis

Bruce Halverson of Crosswind Retrievers. Brooklyn, WI. From Basics Thru Transition, Bruce's track record is pretty good! Nevermind, just reread your post. Bruce is in Georgia until April.

where are you located in WI? My dog is at a trainer right on the border of IA... dpending on location might be something to look into... very good trainers IMHDAO

T
    HR Sommits First Lady N Zeros JH "Maggie"
    1/30/2000-9/17/2011

Gone but not forgotten

Banned

Most trainers are down south during your time frame. If they're not I don't think I'd be using them.

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    where are you located in WI? My dog is at a trainer right on the border of IA... dpending on location might be something to look into... very good trainers IMHDAO

T
    I'm in Milwaukee. What is the name of the trainer, if you don't mind? -- Jchristi

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Layne Fohr
    Copper Hill Retrievers
    Ixonia, WI

Excellent facility, outstanding up and coming trainer.
    (920) 918-2838 cell
    thanks. I'm going to see him tomorrow.

Jchristi

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post
    Most trainers are down south during your time frame. If they're not I don't think I'd be using them.

Angie
    Yes, you’re correct “Most” trainers are down South now. Some don’t have the luxury of doing that. We the ( WAFTC) winter training group headed up by Dick Reesman train all winter long running FT/HT marks and blinds. We sit out in the fields; dig out holes in the snow to throw birds. The young dogs coming in don’t need the South for odedience, ff, ccing, and other basics. The majority of these dogs are going to be gun dogs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TY 4 View Post
    Yes, you’re correct “Most” trainers are down South now. Some don’t have the luxury of doing that. We the ( WAFTC) winter training group headed up by Dick Reesman train all winter long running FT/HT marks and blinds. We sit out in the fields; dig out holes in the snow to throw birds. The young dogs coming in don’t need the South for odedience, ff, ccing, and other basics. The majority of these dogs are going to be gun dogs anyway.
    So you are throwing marks and running blinds for FT in the snow too?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tejohns3 View Post
    So you are throwing marks and running blinds for FT in the snow too?
    You can. I used to all the time as an amateur. We utilized resviors and lakes quite often. Ice shanty's make great hazzards.. Along with the fisherman.

I wouldn't pay a pro for this kind of training. I would want water work done,,, not just land work.

But that's me.

Angie