The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Recommendation for Wisconsin Trainer March 2013

You won't worried about their feet from those long marks and blinds? (Im not trying to be smart i just dont know )

Quote Originally Posted by tejohns3 View Post
    So you are throwing marks and running blinds for FT in the snow too?
    Some in your group are currently running FT opens, Quals , and this year Derbys. It's how WE poor people do it every year that can't go South.
    Last edited by TY 4; 01-14-2013 at 04:57 PM.

after last week most of the snow is gone now anyway.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by TY 4 View Post
    Yes, you’re correct “Most” trainers are down South now. Some don’t have the luxury of doing that. We the ( WAFTC) winter training group headed up by Dick Reesman train all winter long running FT/HT marks and blinds. We sit out in the fields; dig out holes in the snow to throw birds. The young dogs coming in don’t need the South for odedience, ff, ccing, and other basics. The majority of these dogs are going to be gun dogs anyway.
    The OP was looking for a pro to take their dog for the month of March. That's awesome that your training with your Amateur group, but If you want to take their dog and charge a fee, then your a pro not a Amateur. I guess I'm confused as to what you're offering.

Wait what FT are being run right now up north? Im in NC and we arent going to be starting good till about march?

To the OP, most pros probably won't take a dog in for a month to train. They don't want to deal with a dog that is only going to be in for that short of time.
    You may want to see if a HT/FT amateur will board your dog for that amount of time and also get some work in occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchm View Post
    To the OP, most pros probably won't take a dog in for a month to train. They don't want to deal with a dog that is only going to be in for that short of time.
    You may want to see if a HT/FT amateur will board your dog for that amount of time and also get some work in occasionally.
    How does a HT/FT amateur go about boarding and occasionally getting some work in for a month? Obviously there's no $ changing hands correct?

Thats right, if you take money from someone to train their dog and still run under amateur then you better hope the right folks dont find out

Banned

Could you find a pro in AZ locally??? That would be the option I'd go for.

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Layne Fohr
    Copper Hill Retrievers
    Ixonia, WI

Excellent facility, outstanding up and coming trainer.
    (920) 918-2838 cell
    RoadKill: Thanks for the suggestion. Layne is a great fellow and I've arranged to have Charley go there. I really appreciate your kindness in replying with useful information (as opposed to some of the snarky discussion that followed). Jchristi