RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Need Recommendation for Wisconsin Trainer March 2013

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Labs 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a recommendation for a Wisconsin based trainer for my 9 month female lab. We'll be spending March in AZ and no dogs are allowed. So it will be a good chance for my pup to learn from a pro and both undo the faults I've created and take her to a new level. I live just north of Milwaukee.

Thanks

Jchristi

#2 ·
Layne Fohr
Copper Hill Retrievers
Ixonia, WI

Excellent facility, outstanding up and coming trainer.
(920) 918-2838 cell

#8 ·
Yes, you’re correct “Most” trainers are down South now. Some don’t have the luxury of doing that. We the ( WAFTC) winter training group headed up by Dick Reesman train all winter long running FT/HT marks and blinds. We sit out in the fields; dig out holes in the snow to throw birds. The young dogs coming in don’t need the South for odedience, ff, ccing, and other basics. The majority of these dogs are going to be gun dogs anyway.

#16 ·
To the OP, most pros probably won't take a dog in for a month to train. They don't want to deal with a dog that is only going to be in for that short of time.
You may want to see if a HT/FT amateur will board your dog for that amount of time and also get some work in occasionally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.