The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin (TriTronics) New Product Release - Just Announced Today

Quote Originally Posted by KRD View Post
    Does anyone know if the Delta Sport has the option to turn off the bark limiter option when not needed, or does it stay on all the time?
    You can train up to 3 dogs from each transmitter. The bark limiter is a function controlled from the transmitter. For instance, you can put dog #1 back in the trailer and get out dog #2. #1 is a vocal dog, so when you put him in the trailer after training, instead of having to get a separate bark limiter collar, just change the function on his collar from training to bark limiter, set the intensity and then go on training dog #2. IMO it is extremely functional.
    The pain of regret is much worse than the pain of hard work.

A friend told me about the new Garmin collars. I looked on the website and got a little concerned about what might happen to the TT product line.

I called TT customer service and asked, they said that the TT products were considered "anchor products" and they wouldn't be changed. I assured her that they were correct in their considerations.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Has the on/off button been improved for the bark limiter. The collar works great if I can get it to turn on or off.

I'm new to this whole dog training thing and have been trying to decide on what E-collar to eventually get. Was originally planning on a TT Sport Basic G3 Exp but saw this and thought it might be a viable alternative. Have any of you laid hands on one yet or know when they will be available for sure? Or, should I just save up for something better like a TT Flyway G3 EXP?

Bockja, My recommendation would be to stay with the tried and proven ecollar, TT flyway if that is the model you want (and it is a good choice).
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Perry View Post
    The answer to this is NO.
    You can train up to 3 dogs from each transmitter. The bark limiter is a function controlled from the transmitter. For instance, you can put dog #1 back in the trailer and get out dog #2. #1 is a vocal dog, so when you put him in the trailer after training, instead of having to get a separate bark limiter collar, just change the function on his collar from training to bark limiter, set the intensity and then go on training dog #2. IMO it is extremely functional.
    Thanks, that what I needed to know

Quote Originally Posted by kpolley View Post
    Has the on/off button been improved for the bark limiter. The collar works great if I can get it to turn on or off.
    Yes. Completely different design. The button is larger.

MP
    The pain of regret is much worse than the pain of hard work.

Does anyone know when the Delta Sport will be released? It looks like it has been delayed twice already.

Yes. Completely different design. The button is larger.

MP

A friend just ordered one from Cabelas. It might be backordered though.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

So is the Garmin collars a cheaper version of TT. Kinda like ford to lincoln? Or totally different just owned together. I was looking at the TT sport basic but I do like how the delta is not ran on a 9 volt battery.