The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: California Trainers?

Default California Trainers?

Just got my first lab and want to find the best trainer for her I can!many suggestions in California?

Thanks guys

First of all, welcome to RTF.

Now the big questions everyone will ask. What are your goals with your new pup, and where are you located? There are a number of quality trainers, it depends on your wants/needs and their availability.

Mark
    Mark and Peyton's Touchdown Pass JH

Thanks, I've been reading threads on here and decided I needed to join!

Im located in central ca, Visalia. And I'm a big duck hunter but I kinda want to get into some test/trials. She is 11 weeks old now. Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Beau

Beau, I am in the same boat. I head up to Washington to pick up my pup next month. I have trained all my dogs myself in the past but with work and family now, it may be a little tough to devote the attention to training that the dog deserves. I am going to see if I can do it myself again but if not, I'll be looking for a quality trainer. So if anyone has any recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. Not looking to test but do plan on training my pup through simple cold blinds for distances used in typical hunting. Main activities will be waterfowl hunting and pheasant hunting.

I do expect my dogs to be patience and obedient around the house and especially in the field.

Thanks for any help in advance. I live in Sacramento.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau M. View Post
    Thanks, I've been reading threads on here and decided I needed to join!

Im located in central ca, Visalia. And I'm a big duck hunter but I kinda want to get into some test/trials. She is 11 weeks old now. Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Beau
    Beau pm me I also live in Visalia and might be able to help

Thanks for the replies!! It won't let me PM till I have 10 post, I'm new to the forum!! I will when I can

Beau

Beau & Straight Green,

Go to the test forum and enter/delete enough posts to get your post count over 10 and then PM me. I am also in Sacramento.

T. Mac

Straight Green,

I just met a guy on another forum who is up near you and is trying to get a training group together. I met him last week and we trained at an area near Lodi. If you are interested, I will keep you updated on possible training info, and I will let him know to check on this forum to maybe contact you. His name is Neil, and he is very knowledgable about training, because he used to help train with a pro back east.

Mark
    Mark and Peyton's Touchdown Pass JH