The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Ovu Test Pads

Default Ovu Test Pads

http://www.aleshaneeaustralianshephe...rips_For_.html

This breeder sent me the below pasted email today - has anyone else used this product?

"We would like to introduce ourselves and the original Canine Ovulation Test Pads we have imported from Great Britain. We have the sole distributorship for Canada and the pads have been a welcome relief to the expense of progesterone testing.

In a snapshot - the pads identify the day of the LH surge to help breeders identify the date of ovulation which is 12-48 hours after the surge, without the high cost of Blood Progesterone testing at the Vets. These are a simple to use in-home test, with instant results. No blood draw is required. We have included a link to our website where you can read all about the Test Pads. These Test Pads are the genuine pads that we have imported directly from England.

We are not soliciting but encourage you to drop us an email if you would like more information. These pads have been tested in Canada within the Wheaten community and the Aussie community and have had a 100% success rate, without the expense of progesterone testing. The pads are so economical and are a fraction of the cost of progesterone testing...the pads can be as low as $1.90 per test pad and it usually only takes 5-6 test pads to determine the LH surge.. We offer a flat rate shipping fee of $5.00 to both Canadian and and U.S. breeders

Please take a peak at our website and if you wish to have further information please let do not hesitate to ask. We are pleased to note - In December - over 165 puppies were been born using only these Canine Ovulation Test Pads as their Progesterone Test..no misses reported."

HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

I think these things have been around for years. They don't say what they are measuring so I don't know what the science is behind them. I find it interesting they mention that sperm lives 5 days in the bitch, but recommend to breed the dogs three days in a row?

Mike Connolly DVM
    Jan and Mike Connolly
    www.docsgoldens.com

I used a product like this years ago and found them very effective as an aid for timing a natural breeding. Can't think of the name of the ones I used but seems like they came out of TX. Test was run on a urine sample. I do not think that product is still available - seems like the company merged w/ another and discontinued. But like the test described here it identified the LH (Luteinizing Hormone) surge.