The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell Froze Over

It is very cold and windy here at the training grounds in Niland, CA . Hope it warms up for our Trial this weekend. Lots of water so I assume it is humid making it feel colder. Very cold at my home in Scottsdale, AZ.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

20 below last night with a high of 4 today. If I see 30 Im puttin on shorts.

I just drove home from work tonight .it was 4 degrees.

I drove home in shorts!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

It was 39/15, with gusty winds up to 25 mph, at my house. That is very cold for this area.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Been in the 70's the last 3 days in North Cackolackey. We would kill to see some cold. We need a good cold front to bring some new birds in.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
    PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

HRCH Wag'in Codie Jo SH
    HRCH Mossbend's Remington Deluxe
    HRCH Double Barrel's Dust Cloud JH
    HR Doc's Heavy Artillery

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    20 below last night with a high of 4 today. If I see 30 Im puttin on shorts.
    Steve how much of the white stuff have you got up there? We got hit pretty good last weekend.

Jon Hass, you're just mean!
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    It is very cold and windy here at the training grounds in Niland, CA . Hope it warms up for our Trial this weekend. Lots of water so I assume it is humid making it feel colder. Very cold at my home in Scottsdale, AZ.
    We will be there Saturday. Hope it warms up. It should start warming up a bit here in Arizona starting tomorrow. With this kind of cold, I would at least once like to see some snow in my yard. I don't think it has EVER snowed in Gilbert. But we actually needed a good freeze for a change to kill off some of the critters that have been overpopulating the area with such mild winters lately; namely, scorpions, ticks, spiders, all forms of crawly things.

Arleen

A small group of us got together and did water marks on Saturday here in Bristol,TN it was like 72. I know that several of our out of shape dogs were breathing hard on the land marks. Its crazy to even think about water work here until mid March if its warm.
    Chad
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Our HRC club did an upland training day on Sunday. I believe it got up to 24 degrees!!! Went from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with a bunch of diehards and a great group of dogs.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

At Lake Almanor near Chester in NE California ... below 0 at night. 3 or 4 F at 7:00 am. Gets to 20s-low 30s in the afternoon. So cold the snow we got within the past week won't melt. Pipes in the well house, pipes at the outside garage, and water lines to the bird pens froze and burst yesterday. Heater went out in the well house and heat wrap tape could not keep up. New heater in the well house and Don has been fixing and replacing pipes and water lines for 2 days. Had to take a 5 gal. bucket of water to the bird pens through waist high snow. The water line to the bird pens is now new and working. Supposed to have sun and "warmer" weather for the next 5 days. Probably means at night it will be 10-15 degrees.

Helen