The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Slider pups?

Banned

Default Slider pups?

What kinds of dogs are ya'll seeing out of Slider? What traits seem to be being passed along?

I know he's young and there are not many proven dogs, but just curious thus far.

I just sold a 16 month old to one of Danny Farmer's clients. Speaking from my limited experience with the number of Slider pups out there I feel the one I trained from seven weeks until 16 months is going to be very, very good. Time will tell with any young dog I understand.
    If Danny tells a client to buy the dog, rest assured he likes him!
    Dylan's marking is way above average and his memory is astounding.
    He had eight points before he was 17 months.
    Lauren had a chance to see him during pre-National training and was amazed at the similarities between Slider and Dylan. She said she could have ran Dylan as Slider and nobody would have known the difference.
    I have another Slider pup who is now five and a half months. From what I have seen so far he has a lot of potential as well.

Bought one for a client and my biggest mistake was not keeping him for myself. Had Mad Skillz when it came to marking, slow to mature on blinds but as I have been told they are somewhat soft. Got same dog back during split and blinds improved greatly while I had him. I would buy one bred right in a New York minute!!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Anyone have any major negatives they have seen in him or his pups? (especially vocalization?). Thanks!

Jamee
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    The rookie- Jamstar's Hot Tubb "Cuzzi"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

Ive heard nothing but good things. I plan on getting a Slider pup in July if hes not running trials when the dam goes in heat

O. and contact ramblinmaxx.com I think they have had a few litters off slider 817-564-3560 is Martys number

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee Strange View Post
    Anyone have any major negatives they have seen in him or his pups? (especially vocalization?). Thanks!

Jamee
    No vocalization but a slight "Yip" on the send. Dylan did it and my young Axel does it. Easily cured with a "quiet" command, recalled and resent. No biggie.
    When Dylan was intro'd to water he made noise but it extinguished itself over a short period of time.

Just to make it clear here, the breeding we plan with Slider this Spring will be our first Slider litter. We have seen Slider run and are very impressed with him, with his pedigree and with his owner, Lauren. We are looking forward to this breeding and just hope Mother Nature allows us to get this done, since the Master Hunter we will be breeding must have a natural breeding this time.

thanks,
    Marty and Lesa
    Marty & Lesa
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers
    Fort Worth, Texas
    817-564-3560
    www.ramblinmaxx.com

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmaxx View Post
    Just to make it clear here, the breeding we plan with Slider this Spring will be our first Slider litter. We have seen Slider run and are very impressed with him, with his pedigree and with his owner, Lauren. We are looking forward to this breeding and just hope Mother Nature allows us to get this done, since the Master Hunter we will be breeding must have a natural breeding this time.

thanks,
    Marty and Lesa
    sorry for that, I was thinking of Sailor.
    Tony