The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: North Florida Training Days/ Hunt Test/ Field Trials

Thumbs up North Florida Training Days/ Hunt Test/ Field Trials

I am a newb looking for any North Florida Training Days/ Hunt Test/ Field Trials or anything along these lines or where to look for this information. I do not have a dog YET but want to see what it is all about. Thanks

Depending on where in North FL you are located and whether you want to do Hunt Tests or Field Trials, there are plenty of clubs to contact. In Jacksonville is the Northeast FL Hunting Retriever Club (HRC), in Williston is the Jacksonville Retriever Club (AKC FT and HT), in Tallahassee is the Tallahassee Retriever Club (AKC Hunt Tests and actually run out of Thomasville, GA). The Wiregrass club is also based out of Thomasville. There are numerous tests and trials run in North FL and south GA from around October to around March. I recommend you go and spectate at all three types of events and see what looks like the most fun to you.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA