The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curious O/H Qual

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Main View Post
    The above quote in bold is not true. There is no requirement to in the FT rules to have a FT club run any other stake with a Qualifying or OHQ. It can have a OHQ only trial if it wants. Qualifying placements don't count for titles, so nobody really cares.

Per HT regulations. A club can only run an OHQ in conjunction with a HT.
    Perhaps I am wrong. I don't spend much time in the rule book worrying about which stakes are offered, since that is usually someone else's responsibility. There is a lot of language about what you can't do and what you may (Section 9) do, but I got my interpretation from the language in Section 10 which states:
    At the election of the trial giving club, an Owner-Handler Qualifying Stake may be run without a companion Derby Stake when it is run in conjunction with a Hunting Test event that includes a Master Hunt Stake.
    I took the bolded to mean that if a club were to run an OHQ, it could not do it without at least a Derby unless it is in conjunction with a HT (or obviously other FT stakes)--a restriction on the language in Section 9. Just for my own edification, since I don't have the patience to work it out, can you point me to the rule that says you could run an OHQ only?

Regardless, my original point, I think is valid. It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to have an OHQ in conjunction with an HRC test.

Quote Originally Posted by savage25xtreme View Post
    Sooners HT will have a O/H Qual the friday before.... Hope to see you there Jeff.
    Gavin, where and when is this? I don't see it. TIA
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com