RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Curious O/H Qual

6K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  2tall 
#1 ·
Is there a way on EE, to see upcoming O/H Quals without clicking on each event? Search engine didn't work either.

Just seeing if I'm missing a shortcut....what I did see was not too many O/H Quals listed, primarily Qualifyings.

Thanks for help.

#2 ·
I am not sure there will be too many O/H quals listed in the Field Trial section (except by having to look at every single event), but you can usually see the O/H Qual listed as part of a Hunt Test, just by looking at the event title.

Most Hunt Tests that have the OHQ listed with it, will specifically put it in the event title, since it is something extra.

#8 ·
April 19th in Ohio. You don't need to know anyhthing else.

#9 ·
There you go. Thanks Joe

Thanks everyone else also!

#13 ·
tejohns3,

I have never seen a Qual included with an HRC Hunt Test, in this area, anyway. We are in Michigan and it is not common, although more and more of our "HRC People" seem to be dipping a toe in the AKC Hunt Test game and even in Field Trials, so maybe it's coming. From my experience, when an HRC'er gets that HRCH title on their dog, but still wants to do more, they either begin preparing to attempt the Grand Title or working toward 500, 1000, 1500, etc. point clubs which recognize dogs who have earned many passes beyond the HRCH title.

Not speaking for all HRC folks, nor can I be sure of the why or why not. Just saying what I see happening.

Chad

#14 ·
tejohns3,

I have never seen a Qual included with an HRC Hunt Test, in this area, anyway.
I am not sure it is possible--at least it would be difficult under the rules. Under the FT rules, an OHQ needs to be run with at least a companion derby stake, unless it is run in conjunction with a HT that includes a MH Stake. Under the HT rules, an OHQ may be run if the HT includes a MH stake, but at least two test levels must be held.

So, unless the HRC club is able also to run a derby, it could only run an OHQ in conjunction with an AKC MH stake. While I guess a club that runs both HRC and AKC could do it, it would require an HRC HT combined with an OHQ/Derby or an OHQ/MH plus at least one of the other AKC test levels (JH or SH), so it would be a lot of work and easier for a dual club just to do it with their AKC HT>

#15 ·
Yes, that would present a problem. In fact, now that you say that, I seem to recall that there may even be a rule that an HRC test cannot be held in conjunction with other kinds of tests (although, I'm not sure that's true). I do know that every HRC test must include all three levels (Started, Seasoned, and Finished), so adding a Qual (let alone a Qual & a Derby or MH), would really put a lot of stress on the available help!

#16 ·
It would be a fun (but long) weekend. If a club were to put together an HRC Started, Seasoned and Finished combined with a AKC MH, one other AKC and an OHQ, I'd come run. I might even put down my beer, get out of my chair in the shade and go out and toss birds for them between dogs. :)

#18 ·
Quit kicking tires, put on your BIG boy pants and come play. In my honest opinion, the setups or more straight forward in a regular Qual held with a sactioned trial versus a O/H Qual held in conjunction with a Hunt Test.

Instead of fumbeling around EE looking for O/H Quals you should be looking for O/H Amatuers. You're going to take some lumps but you and Colby can be competitive.

See ya soon!

Rich

#19 ·
Well Rich. Tell me when we can come over and train for the big boy tests

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.