The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas & Wyoming Steppin' Up!!!!

Default Texas & Wyoming Steppin' Up!!!!

Texas Proposal: JAIL Any Federal Officials Trying to Enforce New Gun Restrictions in the State
    measure would make any federal firearms legislation passed by Congress or approved by Presidential order unenforceable in Texas
    Jim Forsyth

A Texas lawmaker says he plans to file the Firearms Protection Act, which would make any federal laws that may be passed by Congress or imposed by Presidential order which would ban or restrict ownership of semi-automatic firearms or limit the size of gun magazines illegal in the state, 1200 WOAI news reports.

Republican Rep. Steve Toth says his measure also calls for felony criminal charges to be filed against any federal official who tries to enforce the rule in the state.

"If a federal official comes into the state of Texas to enforce the federal executive order, that person is subject to criminal prosecution," Toth told 1200 WOAI's Joe Pags Tuesday. He says his bill would make attempting to enforce a federal gun ban in Texas punishable by a $50,000 fine and up to five years in prison.

Toth says he will file his measure after speaking with the state's Republican Attorney General, Greg Abbott, who has already vowed to fight any federal measures which call for restrictions on weapons possession.

Toth concedes that he would welcome a legal fight over his proposals.

"At some point there needs to be a showdown between the states and the federal government over the Supremacy Clause," he said.

The Supremacy Clause is the portion of the Constitution which declares that federal laws and statutes are 'the supreme law of the land.'

"It is our responsibility to push back when those laws are infringed by King Obama," Toth said.

Texas is the second state to propose a measure to shield the state from the impact of any gun possession restrictions imposed by Congress or by Presidential order. A similar measure was introduced in Wyoming last week.

Read more: http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/main...#ixzz2I4uGQIMd
    All Righty Then!!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

While I may like where this imbeciles heart is, it isreflective of problems in our society as a whole that people like Rep Toth can be elected when he clearly shows he has little understanding of how things work.
    Way to many talking-head idiots in leadership positions just babbling on nonsensically trying to get attention.
    Sadly, and further telling, they get the attention they desire from equally uninformed press and citizens

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    While I may like where this imbeciles heart is, it isreflective of problems in our society as a whole that people like Rep Toth can be elected when he clearly shows he has little understanding of how things work.
    Way to many talking-head idiots in leadership positions just babbling on nonsensically trying to get attention.
    Sadly, and further telling, they get the attention they desire from equally uninformed press and citizens
    Maybe you could put the name calling and insults aside for 1 post and "INFORM" us!!!

All we seek are the creature comforts.................
    Stan b & Elvis

[QUOTE=smillerdvm;1056084]While I may like where this imbeciles heart is, it isreflective of problems in our society as a whole that people like Rep Toth can be elected when he clearly shows he has little understanding of how things work.
    Sadly, and further telling, they get the attention they desire from equally uninformed press and citizens[
    /QUOTE]

Exactly!! Obama was elected by the low information voters...point well made smiller!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    All Righty Then!!!!!!
    Thanks for that info, RK. Good post.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Pure insanity. Nullification is Civil War kind of crazy.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

No buzz a Civil war over the constitutional right of nullification and secession is crazy. King Lincoln would be so proud of BO. The federal government serves the states, not the other way around. The more we realize this the better our country would be

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Pure insanity. Nullification is Civil War kind of crazy.
    I agree Buzz, there is insanity running wild right now.
    He is in the Whitehouse!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe you could put the name calling and insults aside for 1 post and "INFORM" us!!!

All we seek are the creature comforts.................
    Your obsession with me is flattering, but not appreciated. Besides I would presume your wife would object. Is your wife the same redhead that you Once posted a picture of in biker gear????

Numerous times you have called me out in a post, and asserted that I would not and could not respond to your wise probing questions. So far I have always answered fully the questions you posed. After fully answering your questions I would also pose responsive questions to you, that you would refuse to answer; in spite of the fact that I did in fact answer all of the questions you challenged me to answer. Its clear you dont know how to debate fairly or even follow the rules that YOU set up

RK past experience has shown that its not possible to have a dialogue or to inform you. Therefore I will leave you to INFORM yourself. I think you will find that those lessons have the most lasting value.

While making your rounds this morning and monitoring the threads for gentility and decorum, I would draw your attention to a thread wherein the OP refers to the possibility of some EO's being issued by our POTUS. The OP doesnt refer to our POTUS by his legal name of Barrack Obama but chooses to use a different name than his legal name. Be sure to call out and admonish that poster as I know the issue of referring to someone by other than their legal name is an issue that you have lectured us all on more than once

In response to your self appointed role as hall monitor I will concede that my post could have left out some less than flattering words. Ill try to do better.
    I would be remiss to not point out that you should practice what you preach. Id venture a guess that just on the subject of "Da Union" {subtly insulting term in itself wouldn't you think} that you have more posts with less than complimentary terms than my entire post count.

Passive/Aggressive snarkiness is still snarkiness

just sayin.....

So far I have always answered fully the questions you posed.

Passive/Aggressive snarkiness is still snarkiness

just sayin.....
    The thing I remember mostly about you is your tendency to leave a posting dangling, especially when you are not gaining the upper hand.

While I may like where this imbeciles heart is, it is reflective of problems in our society as a whole that people like the POTUS can be elected when he clearly shows he has little understanding of how things work.
    Just a slight change & it still is true but at a higher level .

Our elected congressman, a DRino, but former sheriff for years of the most populous county in our state posed an op ed in the major papers that made a lot of sense. One of the few times I've had to respect what he said. But did the POTUS or his minions even contact a person with that skill set, I would venture to say not.

I have heard a lot of workable, cost effective solutions proposed by various folks. I believe we can all count on one thing, none of those will be adopted.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!