RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Can anyone help finding a breeder?

10K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  Mike Z 
#1 ·
Hi,

we want to buy our second lab, but are new in the US.
I found a breeder in Wisconsin, called soggy acres.....do you have any experience with this breeder?
We live south of Chicago and we don't want to drive to far.....and shipping is not what we want....

I would be happy if anybody could help.

Thanks
Tom

#6 ·
No the classifieds are posts of litters,on the ground, or upcoming, for sale. I mean I guess you could go there and re post this if you want but they will have have the info you need just do some good browsing and you might find a litter or two your interested in.

#7 ·
Heres one in Illinois

Illinois 1/5/2013 9:40:04 PM CST (IL) HRCH Maples Creeks Captain Morgan MH,QAA X Cutters Ridge Lady Zelda Gazelle All yellow Litter of very smart, Retrievers with lots of Brains Located in Central Illinois ready to go home. Whelped November 6, 2012. 4 Females, 2 Males available that will be very good hunt test, field test, and good for the home Labradors. Cutter’s Ridge Lady Zelda Gazelle (DAM) Clearances- AKC- Registration #SR55901301 OFA- (Hips) Good LR-196850G34F-VPI CERF Eyes -Clear /Normal LR-365194 CNM- (Centronuclear Myopathy) and is listed on the white list. LR-CNM12-178-F-PIV EIC- Clear Maple Creek’s Captain Morgan (Sire) Clearances- AKC # SR23990406; UKC # R189-630 DNA Profile #:V513386 OFA: LR-167009E24M-PI (EXC); LR-EL34715M24-PI (Normal) CERF: LR-46025/2008–36 ; RD/OSD Normal; PRA normal CNM: Clear by test EIC: Clear by test The following tests were performed in Australia: Cystinuria: Normal Mytotubular Myopathy X Linked: Normal Narcolepsy: Normal Long Hair Gene: Normal D Locus: Normal All puppies have been dewormed, shots, and dew claws removed. Call Luke with Questions at 217-766-6600 or email slas05@ymail.com STEPHANIE Saathoff 217-766-6600 slas05@ymail.com http://www.facebook.com/MakeTheirMarksLabradors1

#9 · (Edited)
I know Jeff. He does his health clearances needed for breeding. Hunts his dogs. I have always had good interactions with him.

#10 ·
Will this be a pet? A hunting dog? Are you looking for a particular color or sex?

#12 ·
I just went through the same thing and these are the three that I would recommend:
Firehouse labs-near Kansas city mo
Hunters Rose Kennels-southern mi
Old Oak Retrievers- southern minn.

I have talked to all three operations and they were three of the best breeders that i could find in the country, just my two cents.

#15 ·
I second this. The pedigrees on these litters are awesome! They are great people and have a great set up, too. Barb really knows what she is doing.
www.whiteoakretrievers.com

#17 ·
Flo12345, I have a black and chocolate breeding that will be done in the next few days between Cody and Cinder, whom you can view by clicking on their page links. Pups would be due the middle of March, ready 7 weeks afterwards.

#18 ·

Originally Posted by bknight
White oak retrievers
Marty & Barb Kirby
618-521-2805
30 yrs experience & awesome people
3 litters all being whelped within the next month

I second this. The pedigrees on these litters are awesome! They are great people and have a great set up, too. Barb really knows what she is doing.
www.whiteoakretrievers.com
I'm thirding this. Great people, good dogs.

#26 ·
I'm sorry, I missed your post above where you said you were looking for a pet and possibly agility. I personally prefer a showbred labrador for both and it sounds like that's the look you're leaning towards as well. I recommend starting here for breeders in your area... http://www.winnebagolrc.com/breeders.html
just keep in mind that some of these are also field bred labradors. They are not all "show" labrador breeders.

#28 ·
Kerrybrook dual bred labs. Look no further. Cleveland, OH JMO

#30 ·
Flo12345, check your pm's.

#31 ·
I too like to see photos of dogs standing, yes even field bred Labs, but it is rare to see anything but the show-bred ones photographed that way. You don't have to be looking for a show prospect to want to look at a dog's angulation/leg structure. You pretty much have to see a field bred dog in the flesh to see what its wheels look like, and you can't tell anything about a dog's wheels when it's sitting in the typical pose with or without a duck in its mouth.

Maybe folks in his/her area should also suggest some local retriever clubs to recommend flo12345 attend/join, guessing flo is European and there's quite a difference between their games and ours.

#32 ·
I too like to see photos of dogs standing, yes even field bred Labs, but it is rare to see anything but the show-bred ones photographed that way. You don't have to be looking for a show prospect to want to look at a dog's angulation/leg structure.

X2 It would be nice to see these type of pics, particularly the rear end, only thing I can think is it's very hard to get the FT type of lab to stand long enough to take the pic, seems like the only time they're still is in a sit ;)

#35 ·
Looks like a field dog to me- a nice looking one at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.