The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help finding a breeder?

What type of lab are you looking for and what are you hoping to do with it?

[QUOTE=flo12345;1056989]
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    I think Jeff has two males (1 black and 1 red) left out of his breeding to my Valor, QAA (Medal of Honor) and his Callie. Callie is a very athletic little black female. They should be good agility dogs, hunting dogs, companion dogs. Valor has very nice structure, and is a good looking boy.

can you send some more pictures of your dog so that I get a better feeling?
    How would you describe your dog?
    Is it an american Labrador or an english Labrador...as far as I understood, therer is a difference between these two, right?
    I guess yours is a FT breeded dog?

Valor is an American field bred labrador retriever out of a long line of titled dogs. He is quick and agile. Medium build, about 71# of fun. well structured for form and function. I don't have a ton of pictures. Just the ones on the website and the slide show next to the big picture. there is a difference, without starting a war. The English labradors tend to be shorter and stockier. my friends who compete in agility tend to prefer the american variety. time is key in agility these days. courses are shorter and tighter.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

[QUOTE=JusticeDog;1057052]
    Quote Originally Posted by flo12345 View Post

Valor is an American field bred labrador retriever out of a long line of titled dogs. He is quick and agile. Medium build, about 71# of fun. well structured for form and function. I don't have a ton of pictures. Just the ones on the website and the slide show next to the big picture. there is a difference, without starting a war. The English labradors tend to be shorter and stockier. my friends who compete in agility tend to prefer the american variety. time is key in agility these days. courses are shorter and tighter.
    Well, I am always a little sceptic, as I have a neighbor who also has a labrador (at least he said it is one) which has an unbelievable small head and weights around 100 pounds!!!! I don't like this small head, it makes the dog looking "dump".....sorry for my wording. In my opinion, Labradors should have a relatively big head in relation to their body, right?

[QUOTE=flo12345;1057062]

Well, I am always a little sceptic, as I have a neighbor who also has a labrador (at least he said it is one) which has an unbelievable small head and weights around 100 pounds!!!! I don't like this small head, it makes the dog looking "dump".....sorry for my wording. In my opinion, Labradors should have a relatively big head in relation to their body, right?

Actually, the style of lab is what you should be starting with. the breeders people have mentioned to you are all American lines. if you prefer a relatively big head in proportion to the body like the english line, you are looking down the wrong path. I persoanlly think the heads and bodys should be in proportion to each other. valor is about as perfect of an american field bred lab speciman as what you can get. his trainer gets stopped about him all the time. And if agility was my sport, like it used to be, I'd be looking for speed.

But, whatever. why don't you find some pictures of labs you do like, and then people can help you find the one you want.

Good luck in your search.
    Susan

I'm sorry, I missed your post above where you said you were looking for a pet and possibly agility. I personally prefer a showbred labrador for both and it sounds like that's the look you're leaning towards as well. I recommend starting here for breeders in your area... http://www.winnebagolrc.com/breeders.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    I'm sorry, I missed your post above where you said you were looking for a pet and possibly agility. I personally prefer a showbred labrador for both and it sounds like that's the look you're leaning towards as well. I recommend starting here for breeders in your area... http://www.winnebagolrc.com/breeders.html
    just keep in mind that some of these are also field bred labradors. They are not all "show" labrador breeders.
    Susan

[QUOTE=flo12345;1056989]
    I think Jeff has two males (1 black and 1 red) left out of his breeding to my Valor, QAA (Medal of Honor) and his Callie. Callie is a very athletic little black female. They should be good agility dogs, hunting dogs, companion dogs. Valor has very nice structure, and is a good looking boy.

can you send some more pictures of your dog so that I get a better feeling?
    How would you describe your dog?
    Is it an american Labrador or an english Labrador...as far as I understood, therer is a difference between these two, right?
    I guess yours is a FT breeded dog?
    Here's a picture of Valor

Kerrybrook dual bred labs. Look no further. Cleveland, OH JMO
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

SHR Kerrybrook's Trollady Hero With Fire
    SHR Kelrobin Trollady's Murphy CGC

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
    Hunters Safety Instructor

[QUOTE=43x;1057078]
    Quote Originally Posted by flo12345 View Post

Here's a picture of Valor

Maybe I'm asking too much, but do you by accident have a pic from the side (standing)?

Flo12345, check your pm's.
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs