The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: S. 2230 in New York - New gun ban that has been passed in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Its not that rare, we had a local police officer here that was killed in an ambush killing recently, last year 19 officers were killed in ambush killings. The law makes it first degree murder for such attacks, its trying to stop it from happening, not putting a value of live by career choice.
    Is that 19 nationwide? How many firefighters and EMT get targeted on average? I'm not discounting the loss of any of these folks, but are a handful of tragic crimes enough to justify new legislation? Every law has costs and often unforeseen consequences.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Is that 19 nationwide? How many firefighters and EMT get targeted on average? I'm not discounting the loss of any of these folks, but are a handful of tragic crimes enough to justify new legislation? Every law has costs and often unforeseen consequences.
    The number was nationwide, don't know about the numbers of first responders targeted, but skimming through fireman's magazines they mention cases of them happening, a believe a few ambulances were shot up last year. I am of the belief that we have enough laws on the books already.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Weberpal View Post
    Honest question, does this law inhibit citizens of new York from protecting themselves?
    Yes! Just look at the lady in Georgia. She had 6 rounds and hit with 5 but the guy was still able to leave get in a car and drive. What if he was not alone? 5 rounds did not stop him!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Yes! Just look at the lady in Georgia. She had 6 rounds and hit with 5 but the guy was still able to leave get in a car and drive. What if he was not alone? 5 rounds did not stop him!
    That's why I taught my wife to use a 20 gauge shotgun... When I'm not home it's loaded and handy for her to get to quickly.. Only have to hit him once...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That's why I taught my wife to use a 20 gauge shotgun... When I'm not home it's loaded and handy for her to get to quickly.. Only have to hit him once...
    Ditto.........a 3.5" #2 Black Cloud to the face will leave an enduring memory!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Ditto.........a 3.5" #2 Black Cloud to the face will leave an enduring memory!
    So will OO buck.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth