RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Roux pups- what are the negatives, if any??

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Wade Thurman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

For those of you out there who have pups out FC-AFC Louisiana Roux MH, do you have any issues with vocalization? I have searched extensively for threads related to him and while there are lots of threads involving praise of his offspring (which seems warranted :cool:), I am wondering what negatives you have seen. Can anyone please enlighten me on specific traits, like vocalization, that you have seen in his pups that you would consider undesirable? Please feel free to PM me if you'd rather not go public with this information. Thanks in advance! :)

Jamee

#5 ·
LOL LOL LOL! That was brilliant....:)

#8 · (Edited)
Sire brings 50% of his genetics..that dam brings her traits to the offspring as well.

#10 · (Edited)
Down Side not many Blacks out of him, but we're working on that ;) He gets grouped as being chocolate first and a FC-AFC dog second, which might still carry bad ju-ju in FT circles, but we're working on that too ;). I been around CUDA, BLUE Ryder, and many of that lines Offspring (Pirate, Moda, etc. never seen one be vocal). They do have a history of doing well with amateur trainers. He is an EIC carrier but so are most of the FC-AFC FT dogs, might be why we don't see a ton of litters out of him. That and the fact that he's is pretty particular on female suitors. ;) But if your really want to know ask Frank, he trolls the RTF posting outrageous drool-worthy duck hunting pics of a certain brown FC, and is very a honest and stand up guy.

#11 ·
I train with a littermate to Ammo fairly often. He's noisy, not abnoxiously noisy but you hear him in the holding blind and on line. To be fair, I don't believe this dog's basics were particularly complete.

#12 ·
My Roux pup and Same as Ammo breeding has never been vocal

He will say hello in the morning though

#14 ·
Thanks for all the info/input everyone! PMs were also appreciated :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.