The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Training in the Desert

Default Winter Training in the Desert

Made the trip to Brawley Calif, just south of the Salton Sea to throw marks for Don Remien, yesterday there was a constant 20mph breeze from the north so we ran land marks all day
    Must have thrown about 30+ marks and honestly only messed up one throw ,since the trial is this weekend we shot a live flyer and were able to throw triples and quads while Don and his training group handled their dogs
    Don has a couple of FC's on his truck and the other young dogs all marked very well on our set ups, it was refreshing to watch some speedy retrieves and some laser pinpoint marking
    The sun will be up in the next 30 minutes so we are going to do water work today,gonna be a long day,will try and add pics and commentary as time permits
    guns up
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

If you have ever wondered where the doves migrate to in the winter, one of the spots has to be here in Brawley, they are here by the hundreds at the campground alone and near the cow pens, no ducks or geese , I think they are at the refuge at Wister or the Salton Ses

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Come on over to Yuma if you want the best mexican food.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Come on over to Yuma if you want the best mexican food.
    Would definitely throw marks for some good food

I wish I was there.
    Training on the "FROZEN TUNDRA" sucks!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Now it's getting warm, already down to T shirts and sunscreen, headed to water marks after they get finished running the land blind with a keyhole entry

How are Rocky and Daryl Kellum doing?
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    How are Rocky and Daryl Kellum doing?
    That's who these people are , was wondering why they asked where I got my Kenai River hat from

Someone suggested via pm that I ask Don if he uses TRT or SW, I have already been threatened with being banished from the training group

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    That's who these people are , was wondering why they asked where I got my Kenai River hat from

Someone suggested via pm that I ask Don if he uses TRT or SW, I have already been threatened with being banished from the training group

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Priceless!
    Bill Davis

Daryl used to be a fishing guide on the Kenai in the summer.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013