The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter Training in the Desert

Bon, next time take off the sombrero and sarape (sp) and don't say ok Queeks Draw. There is one just north of Niland too.
    Last edited by labsforme; 01-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice ***
    I Ain't No Tin Lizzy

It's the border in to California, boys. They're looking for fruit.
    Last edited by mitty; 01-16-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Renee P

Went thru another checkpoint on IH40 but no hassle

Here is the water we used today

image-4279266760.jpg
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Bon, I don't know about you but we are going back to Texas.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    The Homeland Security checkpoints are within the borders of Calif. They have signs posted with the number of illegals caught & the amount of drugs seized. They take pictures of the license plates & drivers and have a panoply of electronic detection devises pointing at the vehicles in line as well as detection dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    The Homeland Security checkpoints are within the borders of Calif. They have signs posted with the number of illegals caught & the amount of drugs seized. They take pictures of the license plates & drivers and have a panoply of electronic detection devises pointing at the vehicles in line as well as detection dogs.
    For some reason I thought he was going from Nevada to California but now that I look at the map that doesn't make sense. I should know better than to post at night! Sort of like how I feel about cooking after the ugly chili incident, in which I put coriander instead of cumin in it...
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Although Bon did say he had a nice manicure, he wasn't coming out of San Fran
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Although Bon did say he had a nice manicure, he wasn't coming out of San Fran
    LOL....in my job it pays to be well manicured, heck I paid 60 for Dana to have acrylic nails ...maybe the guy spotted my breezer hat...good thing I didnt have one of those big straw hats that make me look like I am harvesting rice like my ancestors

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

after getting a good night's sleep here is what I witnessed

Don has some VERY good marking dogs on his truck....

he has at least 6 Shaq dogs from a couple of different litters....Tia is from the Shaq x Flyways Ruby Begonia litter,and that girl can flat out mark (yes I am biased) she will run the Q this weekend..the other Shaq pups were from the Shaq x Madame Britney of Rimrock litter...whoever was questioning whether Shaq pups were slow to mature or any other negatives, I can tell you nothing could be further from the truth

Got to watch Daryl Kellum and Rocky ( Shaq x FC AFC Whitewater Plourdes (Howard's gal)..expect good things out of her

Saw a Cosmo dog named Rudy , just a big good looking sonofagun....not your stereo typical Cosmo dog, quiet as a mouse,large lovable dude...probably my favorite guy on the truck

and then there was Hottie ( Carbon daughter)...I remember throwing marks for her when she was a derby dog and now she is a FC...love that Carbon line of dogs

of course there is Tucker ( FC AFC Wood River's Duck Tucker)...I expect him to be in the mix on Sundays this spring

also Mrs Martin's dog Kid (Hilltop Hayseed son) completed his FC last season and is no longer a kid

Good Luck to Team Rising Sun Retrievers and all the amateurs that came out and will run their dogs this weekend....I expect/hope all of you are in silver this weekend

looking forward to going back in the upcoming weeks . but may choose a different route

Hi Bon. Sorry but I thought it was your brother Clint responding to me in another post. My apologies. I'll call you in the next couple days. I've been training with Mel M and Pattie K. I saw Don the other day when he came by to pick up flyers and we ran into each other at the Von's in Brawley. Both of us were cleaned up and without sun glasses. Barely recognized each other. Anyway, I gotta head back to AK at the end of the month but will be back down in March.