The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Gun Control Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    another point of interest, if I'm a legal firearm owning individual and am having mental 'issues' wouldn't it be in my best interest to not get the help I need??
    hmmmmmm......unintended consequence?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I just read this bureaucracy will cost $42 billion/year.

What's your point????

I was responding to her comment that this was going to cost us 500 million.

My POINT was that no one flew off the handle about the cost when good ol Wayne made his proposal.

Once again I wonder why I even try...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The NRA suggested armed police in every school. I saw a study claiming that would cost something like $8 billion/year...
    OK but how much of that is already being spent for armed police in schools prior to Sandy Hook?
    Many high schools already had cops in schools due to issues within the student body rather than outside threats. You would have to start by backing out those billions.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I was responding to her comment that this was going to cost us 500 million.

My POINT was that no one flew off the handle about the cost when good ol Wayne made his proposal.

Once again I wonder why I even try...
    Buzz, relax, I was just askin'...........

Stan b & Elvis

Just a thought why not take welfare cases case by case. When there is any fraud they get there welfare pulled. In return we take all the fraud money we get and use to put armed guards in our schools. Here another one. All tho i am not at retirement age i am sure there there are many ex miltary, police, prison guards that would jump at the chance for a part time job to help supplement there income. We all see the reports about how we grant money of why pig poop stinks or to study some rare ants. Why not stop all those program and use that money to help pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-contro...e-actions-guns

Enjoy...on the surface it seems harmless and I'll admit there are a couple points I like, but for the most part its "pork" to fund useless studies! Gonna cost us $500 million?? Dear Lord....

Edit: I specifically like #12 and #18 - I think those two items are much needed.
    My generation will not be paying that bill, yours will, so think carefully of what you want done. Making schools allowable gun zones is the most cost effective way & will be the best deterrent, IMO.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Keys words which have different meaning.

#1 Relevant data
    #2 Legal barriers
    #3 Incentives
    #4 Dangerous people (could be a clown to some people afraid of clowns)
    #5 Rulemaking (it not even a word. They just made it up. It either has to be hyphenated or 2 different words)
    #6 Guidance
    #7 Campaign
    #8 Nothing terrible here but it will make the cost of these products increase.
    #9 Memorandum
    #10 We will never see the report.
    #11 ATF Director (who know nobody was ever running this department. That is why we had fast and furious)
    #12 School officials ( I am struggling because who is this person. Police and first responders have the training and official would not cover a Principal. Thus, they are going to create new positions.)
    #13 Efforts
    #14 Memorandum ( there it is again)
    #15 Innovative technologies
    #16 Clarify (yes I believe the NRA was able to sneak in the ACA and now we need it out.)
    #17 Clarifying (Again that sneaky NRA)
    #18 Resource officers (Creating new positions to build National Education Union paying due members)
    #19 Develop model (Cookie cutter)
    #20 Clarifying (Again)
    #21 Clarifying (Again)
    #22 Finalizing ( Really wanted to use clarify but didn't want to be redundant.)
    #23 Dialogue (ACA help)

It really looks like 14 to 23 is trying to clean up issues which are now problems with implementation of the ACA.

Remember don't let a good crisis go to waste. (Rum Emanuel)

Couldn't figure out ACA so I googled it and I want to know how the American Chiropractic Assoc. figures into this particular discussion.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The NRA suggested armed police in every school. I saw a study claiming that would cost something like $8 billion/year...
    Who did the study? What about training a few folks already on faculty or staff and then giving them a slight bump in pay?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Couldn't figure out ACA so I googled it and I want to know how the American Chiropractic Assoc. figures into this particular discussion.
    Affordable Care Act better known as Obamacare
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI